Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#491 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

sorry, one more question... did they have music or drums or anything with the fire show?

Originally Posted by marirocks 

we surprised our guests with the fire show and it was the best thing ever!! 10 stars!!!

#492 astef

astef
    • 161 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

Marirocks, I know you are getting bombarded with questions, but one quick one for you.... did you go with Mayte's DJ? How were they??

Awesome pictures, really gave a better understanding of the restaurant and ceremony set up, thank you! And congrats! :)

Alex & Michael, April 23rd 2012

Jellyfish Restaurant, Punta Cana

Melia Caribe Tropical Resort

#493 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
      • 115 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Does anybody know if we can bring our own bottles of wine OR how good is the wine selection at the Jellyfish? I would like to have several bottles available for dinner. We are going to do an a la carte bar.  The wine at our last resort in Mexico was no good, I just don't want to run into that problem at our wedding...

#494 Liz T

Liz T
        • 46 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:56 AM

The wine is good.  My Fiance and I both liked their table red and their table white.  I have had the same problem at some mexican resorts, that thier "house" wine included in an all inclusive was never good, so we made sure to try it on our site visit.  We are planning to use that wine in place of champagne for the toast (or whatever people are drinking).  Their white is not a chardonay - it was a semi-sweet table (sorry I can't remember now what exact breed of grape - it's been a while and a lot of planning since our site visit in April).

Seafood in shots - they are on the appetizer section of the menu at $5.  I can't remember how many shots come in an appetizer order.  It's a mix of seafood in a butter garlic sauce served in a shot glass with a little spoon to eat it.  It was really good!

#495 Liz T

Liz T
          • 46 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:01 AM

Looking closer - I think that is $5 per seafood shot.  We thought since we are in the caribbean, we should splurge and have seafood.

#496 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
            • 115 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Great! Thank you! You don''t happen to recall how much the table wine was by the bottle, do you? Just trying to figure out the budget. I think we will keep several bottles at the tables and guests could still order other drinks if they want, but with the wine there, maybe more likely to drink wine at least during dinner... I think we might do a la carte bar vs. pay per person open bar.  Did you try any of their drinks for 'signature drinks' I think we might want to have a signature drink before the ceremony as guests arrive, then champagne toast after the ceremony

Originally Posted by Liz T 

The wine is good.  My Fiance and I both liked their table red and their table white.  I have had the same problem at some mexican resorts, that thier "house" wine included in an all inclusive was never good, so we made sure to try it on our site visit.  We are planning to use that wine in place of champagne for the toast (or whatever people are drinking).  Their white is not a chardonay - it was a semi-sweet table (sorry I can't remember now what exact breed of grape - it's been a while and a lot of planning since our site visit in April).

Seafood in shots - they are on the appetizer section of the menu at $5.  I can't remember how many shots come in an appetizer order.  It's a mix of seafood in a butter garlic sauce served in a shot glass with a little spoon to eat it.  It was really good!

#497 marirocks

marirocks
              • 12 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

The petals were actually a small carpet. It sounds weird but it totally looked cool, and real! It was included in the set up fee, we used very little real flowers except our bouquets etc. so the fee for beach set up was a flat 500.

I was SO VERY IMPRESSED with the florest, steller job! Don't worry. I only wish I would have tipped. I didn't get the flowers personally and we ran out of cash by the end of the night. I guess I'll just try and send as much business that way.

Here are my A's

Florest

Decor

Menu, name cards and table set up

Photographer / Pascal - Carribean Emotions

Drinks (get all of them especially the Mojitos w Passion Fruit and Caprienas (?)

Transportation (bus and drivers included)

Staff

#498 marirocks

marirocks
                • 12 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Also the ceremony was at 5 which kicked off a little later. I would move it up b/c once the sun starts peeking behind the restaurant your photo opts are limited. If I were having it later I would set it for 4 or 4:30 the latest

#499 marirocks

marirocks
                  • 12 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

So. I can't say for sure how long it was, but at or over 10 min, well worth the money. Its a show and its totally different than anything you would have in the states. They played the music real loud and we sat in the chairs that were there from the ceremony, we just turned them around. Check out my pics if you want to see the show.

www.drluv.shutterfly.com

#500 sunshine77

sunshine77
                    • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

Congrats marirocks, ur pictures are beautiful! did you rent out the bottom of the restuarant? and were there people that were not your guests upstairs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users