Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#451 Digado

Digado
  • Site Supporter
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

November brides, is anyone taking down a hair dresser or make up artest that they would be willing to share with other brides?  And if so what are the dates that they would be down there for?

#452 Liz T

Liz T
    • 46 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

We are planning on doing a cocktail hour meet and greet for our group the day we get there as well as a group "rehearsal dinner" (minus the rehearsal) the night before the wedding at the ME - we will arrange this with ME a couple of weeks prior to our wedding.  We are also planning on using Mayte's DJ - based on price and our group is only 23 ppl, but I still wanted to have the nice dance element for the reception.  I'm sure it will be fine and I'll try to report back.  I am planning to go down with 2 lists of songs that I'd like played for both the cocktail hour/dinner and dancing later in the evening (so he really can't screw that up)!

Originally Posted by MNtoMX 

Hi Liz, I can't wait to hear about your experience in November! We are doing the same as you (staying at ME and wedding a Jellyfish) so I am excited to see what was great, good, bad or horrible (hopefully no bad or horrible!) Are you doing either a welcome cocktail hour or dinner a ME?? What DJ are you using? We are going to use the Jellfish DJ but have not seen any reviews on it...

our wedding is Feb.3! it is all going to come up so quick!

#453 Bryjenbry

Bryjenbry
      • 229 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

Hi ladies!  Are any of you having a civil ceremony at jellyfish or are all of you having a symbolic ceremony?

#454 jb1013

jb1013
        • Site Supporter
        • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hello everyone!

I am wondering what everyone is planning on tipping Mayte? I know it is a personal choice on an amount but a % that everyone is thinking would give me a ballpark. We have a pretty large wedding party (close to 70) so I have to budget this ahead of time and am just curious what all the other brides are thinking. I think I read a couple strands on here about it, but her the life of me I can't find it. Thanks!!

#455 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
          • 115 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

I would love to hear others opinions too as I really don't know!

Hello everyone!

I am wondering what everyone is planning on tipping Mayte? I know it is a personal choice on an amount but a % that everyone is thinking would give me a ballpark. We have a pretty large wedding party (close to 70) so I have to budget this ahead of time and am just curious what all the other brides are thinking. I think I read a couple strands on here about it, but her the life of me I can't find it. Thanks!!

#456 jlarruda

jlarruda
            • 201 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

Liz T- I'm getting married on the 12th and the Jellyfish and our group is staying at the ME.. we'll probably run into each other!

#457 Bryjenbry

Bryjenbry
              • 229 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Great question!

Originally Posted by jb1013 

Hello everyone!

#458 Liz T

Liz T
                • 46 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:05 AM

Jlarruda - we totally might run into eachother! - don't be affraid to say "HI" if you see me.  I feel like we are all going through this planning thing together.  I can't beleive how close we are to the wedding!  Your wedding is in 53 days, Mine is in 55 . . . I'm totally counting down!

#459 Bryjenbry

Bryjenbry
                  • 229 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

When are you ladies getting in?  My wedding is on the 10th but I depart Punta Cana on the 13th.

Originally Posted by Liz T 

Jlarruda - we totally might run into eachother! - don't be affraid to say "HI" if you see me.  I feel like we are all going through this planning thing together.  I can't beleive how close we are to the wedding!  Your wedding is in 53 days, Mine is in 55 . . . I'm totally counting down!

#460 Liz T

Liz T
                    • 46 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

We fly in on the 11th, wedding is on the 14th, then fly out on 17th.  Bryjenby are you staying at the ME too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users