Jump to content

Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant


  • Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#371 vav11238

vav11238
  • Jr. Member
  • 166 posts

    Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

    I'd agree with you. It all depends on whether your timeframe gets busy which Feb has according to Mayte. Sending off the deposit gives you piece of mind. 
     

    Originally Posted by venus909 

    I'm sorry to hear that you lost your date vav... but I must say I just checked out the Kukua Beach Club's website and that place and the pool look pretty amazing!  I'm sure everything will work out great.

     

    I'm starting to think I better send a deposit in to the Jellyfish and not just take the word that my date is saved... I know many people have had luck with not sending in a deposit and just paying everything in full the day of, but now I'm nervous.

     

    -Jen



     



    #372 Sherio9090

    Sherio9090
    • Newbie
    • 71 posts

      Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

      I was the other bride and Vav, I'm so sorry to hear that you're no longer looking at the Jellyfish, but glad to hear that the Kukua  Beach Club is making you just as happy.  


      I too received an email from Mayte earlier this week asking for a deposit in order to confirm my reservation at the Jellyfish.  It sounds like others on this site may not have put down a deposit, but with the confusion about dates I feel like a deposit might be the best way to make sure your date is confirmed.  She also indicated to me that the deposit will cover the reservation and that I can pay for everything else day of.  Does anyone know how much I should send for a deposit, she did not indicate that in the email and when I emailed her back and asked, she just said to send whatever.  Has anyone sent a  deposit to hold their date before and if so how much did you send?

       

      I am glad that the confusion with the possible double booking has been cleared up, but it is too bad that it happened in the first place.  Vav, I wish you all the best with your wedding planning and keep us posted on how everything is going for you at the beautiful Kukua.

       

       

       

       



      #373 Mel2010

      Mel2010
      • Jr. Member
      • 219 posts

        Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

         Any of you ladies thinking of doing a sweets table for your reception? I've seen one bride on here do this and have also seen tons of pics online of other brides having a "Sweets" table.

         

        Think it would be bad to bring candy on the plane? Like hard candy, jellybeans, lolly pops, etc? Do you think this stuff would melt?



        #374 laurenanndelli

        laurenanndelli
        • Newbie
        • 3 posts

          Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

          I love the idea of a sweet table!!! I saw pictures as well and I am thinking this is a must. Im not sure what the outcome of you bringing it on  the plane with you...maybe you should just talk to Mayte about getting it for you beforehand. 



          #375 astef

          astef
          • Jr. Member
          • 161 posts

            Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

            I sent my deposit months ago, and Mayte had asked for 10%. That would have been just over $600 I think and I just sent an even $500, she was fine with that.
             

            Originally Posted by Sherio9090 

            I was the other bride and Vav, I'm so sorry to hear that you're no longer looking at the Jellyfish, but glad to hear that the Kukua  Beach Club is making you just as happy.  


            I too received an email from Mayte earlier this week asking for a deposit in order to confirm my reservation at the Jellyfish.  It sounds like others on this site may not have put down a deposit, but with the confusion about dates I feel like a deposit might be the best way to make sure your date is confirmed.  She also indicated to me that the deposit will cover the reservation and that I can pay for everything else day of.  Does anyone know how much I should send for a deposit, she did not indicate that in the email and when I emailed her back and asked, she just said to send whatever.  Has anyone sent a  deposit to hold their date before and if so how much did you send?

             

            I am glad that the confusion with the possible double booking has been cleared up, but it is too bad that it happened in the first place.  Vav, I wish you all the best with your wedding planning and keep us posted on how everything is going for you at the beautiful Kukua.

             

             

             

             



             


            Alex & Michael, April 23rd 2012

            Jellyfish Restaurant, Punta Cana

            Melia Caribe Tropical Resort


            #376 Liz T

            Liz T
            • Newbie
            • 46 posts

              Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

              I am planning on doing a sweets table as well.  I saw the picture of a bride doing it there and sent it to Mayte - she said no problem.  She suggested that I bring the different candies that I would like with me on the plane.  I don't think there will be any issues as long as it's in my carry on (primarily hard candies, lollipops - maybe a few chocolates, but they might melt).  I am planning on roughly 25 ppl and am having cupcakes, so I won't need very much candy.  I love this idea!



              #377 Sherio9090

              Sherio9090
              • Newbie
              • 71 posts

                Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

                I am a candy-aholic and a candy "bar" is a must have for me.  My biggest question is if Mayte has jars or bowls to put all the candy in or if I need to bring those myself. I love the look of the big apothecary glass jars, but doubt those would make it on a flight over, so I've been looking at all sorts of plastic bowls.  I can't imagine not having some candy to snack on while dancing the night away.

                 

                 



                #378 Mel2010

                Mel2010
                • Jr. Member
                • 219 posts

                  Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

                  Sherio - I am exactly the same way. I love sweets and chocolate. I think I have a serious addiction..lol. We are also having cupcakes instead of a cake (3 tiers of cupcakes with 1 tier cake for cake topper and for "cutting the cake"). So having a sweets table with my cupcakes in my wedding colors would be a dream come true.  BTW, Mayte also asked me for a 10% deposit.

                   

                  Liz T: I think you're right about bringing your candy with you in your carry on. I think I'd rather have the candy on me then have it melting underneath the plane in the cargo area. :S



                  #379 MNtoMX

                  MNtoMX
                  • Newbie
                  • 115 posts

                    Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:51 PM



                    Do you know what the charge for  cupcakes is? or a cake? I would love to see examples of cakes and flowers (with prices) but can't find them!

                     

                    Originally Posted by Mel2010 

                    Sherio - I am exactly the same way. I love sweets and chocolate. I think I have a serious addiction..lol. We are also having cupcakes instead of a cake (3 tiers of cupcakes with 1 tier cake for cake topper and for "cutting the cake"). So having a sweets table with my cupcakes in my wedding colors would be a dream come true.  BTW, Mayte also asked me for a 10% deposit.

                     

                    Liz T: I think you're right about bringing your candy with you in your carry on. I think I'd rather have the candy on me then have it melting underneath the plane in the cargo area. :S



                     



                    #380 astef

                    astef
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 161 posts

                      Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

                      MNtoMX- these are the prices Mayte gave me for cake, and then for cupcakes:

                       

                      "The prices is 6 to 8 us per pax depends of the design [for a cake] and cup cakes, small size 2.5, normal size 3.5 us."

                       

                      As for pictures, Mayte really wants you to send her a picture of what you want, and she takes that to the bakery and they do their best to match it. She won't give you options - tells you anything is possible! I sent her a picture of a cake I found online and she said that she'd get it done (also said she had extra ideas that she thought I'd love... I said go for it :)). Flavours, same thing, she just asked me and told me they could probably do anything.

                       

                      Originally Posted by MNtoMX 



                      Do you know what the charge for  cupcakes is? or a cake? I would love to see examples of cakes and flowers (with prices) but can't find them!

                       



                       



                       


                      Alex & Michael, April 23rd 2012

                      Jellyfish Restaurant, Punta Cana

                      Melia Caribe Tropical Resort





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users