Jump to content

Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant


  • Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#2781 Adrienne Lauren

Adrienne Lauren
  • Newbie
  • 11 posts

    Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

    I am getting married in February and am in the same boat you are and would like to know these things as well! :o)



    #2782 Dania97

    Dania97
    • Newbie
    • 7 posts

      Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

      Hello everyone! I am planing a wedding for March 2015 at the Jellyfish. I wanted to know if anyone has been able to negotiate their overall pricing at this venue? I've been able to negotiate with photographers as well as videographers but wanted to see if it would be possible at the Jellyfish as well. If so, did you speak with Mayte or the restaurant manager? What were you able to negotiate exactly? We're on a tight budget and anything we can save is a big help!

      #2783 kalinyc

      kalinyc
      • Site Supporter
      • 17 posts

        Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Dania97 View Post

        Hello everyone!

        I am planing a wedding for March 2015 at the Jellyfish. I wanted to know if anyone has been able to negotiate their overall pricing at this venue? I've been able to negotiate with photographers as well as videographers but wanted to see if it would be possible at the Jellyfish as well. If so, did you speak with Mayte or the restaurant manager? What were you able to negotiate exactly? We're on a tight budget and anything we can save is a big help!

        Hi there! I don't really think there is room for negotiation as the prices are already soooo competitive for what you get (cheaper than most resorts). I just had my wedding on 11/1 and it was a DREAM, I still feel like I am walking on clouds. Mayte is an angel and she will work with your budget. If you let her know what you want to spend she will let you know what your options are to stay within your budget, but there is no negotiating in terms of the set price per plate, etc.



        #2784 Dania97

        Dania97
        • Newbie
        • 7 posts

          Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

          Hi! Thank you for replying! Ok, thank you for your input! It was worth a shot! Lol

          #2785 Dania97

          Dania97
          • Newbie
          • 7 posts

            Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

            I do have another question for the group. Has anyone else had any issues communicating with Mayte? It seems when you ask her two or three questions she may answer one of your questions in one sentence and leaves the rest unanswered...lol. I understand she's amazing and will make things work somehow but I would like to know that what I want as far as decor is possible or any other questions I may have. I would rather write one email with all my concerns in hopes to get a long reply back that way I won't have to bother her as often. I heard a while back of a spreadsheet that was going around and it seemed rather helpful to communicate all concerns to Mayte. Can someone forward this to me? Or recommend the best way to get all my answers from Mayte? My email is Daniaterronwedding@gmail.com

            #2786 blueskadoobob

            blueskadoobob
            • Newbie
            • 42 posts

              Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Dania97 

              I do have another question for the group. Has anyone else had any issues communicating with Mayte? It seems when you ask her two or three questions she may answer one of your questions in one sentence and leaves the rest unanswered...lol. I understand she's amazing and will make things work somehow but I would like to know that what I want as far as decor is possible or any other questions I may have. I would rather write one email with all my concerns in hopes to get a long reply back that way I won't have to bother her as often. I heard a while back of a spreadsheet that was going around and it seemed rather helpful to communicate all concerns to Mayte. Can someone forward this to me? Or recommend the best way to get all my answers from Mayte? My email is Daniaterronwedding@gmail.com

              Just from reading this forum over the last year, it sounds like this is Mayte's way of handling all of the e-mails she gets (even before she had her recent tragedy). From what others have posted it sounds like she reads your entire e-mail, but will probably only answer the 1 or 2 questions that are easy to respond to. Later, when you meet her in person, she will have a folder with all of the communication between you and her. I don't know if she is taking calls, but if you are able to get her on the phone, you will probably be able to have her answer all of your questions. 



              #2787 blueskadoobob

              blueskadoobob
              • Newbie
              • 42 posts

                Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Dania97 

                Hello everyone!

                I am planing a wedding for March 2015 at the Jellyfish. I wanted to know if anyone has been able to negotiate their overall pricing at this venue? I've been able to negotiate with photographers as well as videographers but wanted to see if it would be possible at the Jellyfish as well. If so, did you speak with Mayte or the restaurant manager? What were you able to negotiate exactly? We're on a tight budget and anything we can save is a big help!

                I think you should definitely try to negotiate - I mean when it has to do with weddings, you have to try. The jellyfish has so much demand you may not get a crazy discount in terms of dollars, but I would be surprised if you weren't able to work something out in terms of value/services. Every wedding vendor I have spoken to was willing to work compromise there. 



                #2788 kalinyc

                kalinyc
                • Site Supporter
                • 17 posts

                  Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

                  Since I used this board as such a constant tool to help get me prepared for my wedding I thought I would pay it forward now that it is over :-( (11/1). I know we've heard it all before, but I cannot express how wonderful Mayte was. I don't know how

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   she forces that smile but her energy is so beautiful and positive and I felt like I was meeting with an old friend. She is my hero. Although I'd been in touch with her for over a year my communication just got constant a couple of weeks before and everything was done FLAWLESSLY (with an 83 person wedding). I have high expectations and she met every single one of them so pls be patient with her and don't worry! It will be the best day of your life. Attaching some pics! Let me know if you have any questions.



                  #2789 KnC2014

                  KnC2014
                  • Newbie
                  • 27 posts

                    Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kalinyc View Post
                     

                    Since I used this board as such a constant tool to help get me prepared for my wedding I thought I would pay it forward now that it is over :-( (11/1). I know we've heard it all before, but I cannot express how wonderful Mayte was. I don't know how

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     she forces that smile but her energy is so beautiful and positive and I felt like I was meeting with an old friend. She is my hero. Although I'd been in touch with her for over a year my communication just got constant a couple of weeks before and everything was done FLAWLESSLY (with an 83 person wedding). I have high expectations and she met every single one of them so pls be patient with her and don't worry! It will be the best day of your life. Attaching some pics! Let me know if you have any questions.

                    Thank you for posting your beautiful photos. Did Mayte make the menu napkin wraps or did you bring those from home? Also is that Pastor Mark Lykins? I booked him for a bilingual ceremony but I have yet to hear any audio or see any wedding videos of him.

                     

                    Thank you! 



                    #2790 kalinyc

                    kalinyc
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 17 posts

                      Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KnC2014 View Post
                       

                      Thank you for posting your beautiful photos. Did Mayte make the menu napkin wraps or did you bring those from home? Also is that Pastor Mark Lykins? I booked him for a bilingual ceremony but I have yet to hear any audio or see any wedding videos of him.

                       

                      Thank you!

                      You are welcome! I made them myself and brought them down. I got a template on etsy for like $15 and then print and cut them myself. And yup that's pastor Mark. He was honestly great and such a nice man. We had our ceremony totally in English so can't speak to his spanish :-)






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users