Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#2701 cmingalone

cmingalone
  • Site Supporter
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Hi, Just checking see if anyone has heard how Mayte is doing? She has been on my mind

#2702 Slaughter2be

Slaughter2be
    • 107 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 8, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palxe Deluxe/ Huracan cafe
    • LocationQueens, Ny

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

If there is serious rain (which there rarely is rain for longer than 15 mins periods) you usually have two options: you can wait it out (best option) or you can have your wedding moved to the upper floor. It rains almost every day in the DR but mainly late at night in the winter or very early in the morning during the summer. Whenever it does rain outside of those times, it is usually very brief. It rained very lightly for about 10 mins during the fire-show at my wedding but the fire-show went on and no one was really bothered by the super light rain. Those that were bothered went under the Jellyfish tarp but were still able to see everything. Don't worry hun the odds are that it will most likely not rain! :) Happy Planning

Oh ok thank u. Something my fiance had me worrying about

#2703 Madso

Madso
    • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hey ladies, Did anyone who stood or is planning to stay at the paradisus Palma real have issues receiving group rates. I was waiting on the room block contract and suddenly Cecilia hits me with "we changed policies and the romance department is no longer able to give group rates to offsite weddings"....

#2704 AR-DreamWedding

AR-DreamWedding
      • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Slaughter2be 

Oh ok thank u. Something my fiance had me worrying about

No problem... I really wouldn't worry about it. From what Mayte told me, in the 6 years she has been doing weddings there it has only ever rained 3 times to have a wedding moved indoors. Your wedding will be perfect!

#2705 Canbera23

Canbera23
        • Site Supporter
        • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Do y

If you want I can email you the organizer I created for the wedding... Mayte said it was the most helpful and organized spread sheet that she had ever seen. It will definitely get you started. And whenever you have a question, there is space for you to write it at the bottom so that you can keep track of things you will want to ask later. Once you have filled out all the info you can then just send one big email to Mayte with all of your questions. Let me know if you want me to send it to you. 

do you mind sending me the spreadsheet as well? I was just trying to figure out the best way to send her everything. Kmcgriff26@yahoo.com

#2706 Slaughter2be

Slaughter2be
          • 107 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 8, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palxe Deluxe/ Huracan cafe
          • LocationQueens, Ny

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Oh that is awesome news. I will share with my fianc© :smile123:

#2707 shaeshae18

shaeshae18
          • Banned
          • 153 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Madso 

Hey ladies,

Did anyone who stood or is planning to stay at the paradisus Palma real have issues receiving group rates. I was waiting on the room block contract and suddenly Cecilia hits me with "we changed policies and the romance department is no longer able to give group rates to offsite weddings"....

Interesting.. I didn't have that problem, but I went through a travel agent.

-S

#2708 blueskadoobob

blueskadoobob
            • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Madso 

Hey ladies,

Did anyone who stood or is planning to stay at the paradisus Palma real have issues receiving group rates. I was waiting on the room block contract and suddenly Cecilia hits me with "we changed policies and the romance department is no longer able to give group rates to offsite weddings"....

You should try contacting the "groups" department or go through a travel agent. When I was talking directly to the hotels, none of the romance departments were interested in helping me, since our wedding is off-site, but the groups peopel were helpful. I would hope that the groups department has similar rates as romance.

#2709 Skilla37

Skilla37
              • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Does anyone have a contact for the groups department and Hair salon at Melia? Has anyone ever used the hair salon there? I'd prefer to use someone else, but can't pay the vendor fees.. So unless we can all get ready at the Jellyfish might be my only option? Thank you!

#2710 dcheer14

dcheer14
                • 36 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 1, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Skilla37 

Does anyone have a contact for the groups department and Hair salon at Melia? Has anyone ever used the hair salon there? I'd prefer to use someone else, but can't pay the vendor fees.. So unless we can all get ready at the Jellyfish might be my only option? Thank you!

Sorry do not have the contact info, we are also staying at the melia but decided to get ready at Jellyfish to avoid all vendor fees. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users