Jump to content

Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant


  • Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#2321 DeeP10

DeeP10
  • Jr. Member
  • 270 posts

    Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

    F

    I just got back from my June 29 wedding and let me tell you ladies, it was by far the best wedding my guests attended (their words not mine). And that includes the states. I had about 86 guests including children and it was the perfect size. Any more, the lower level would have been too cramped (my opinion). So if you wanted to host more guests, I would highly recommend using the entire restaurant (which we didn't do). There were guests dining during our reception, but no one could tell!! So you don't need to spend the money unless you really have to. Mayte is beyond exceptional at what she does. Please do not stress and do not keep bothering her with emails. I would wait until you get close to your wedding date and send her an email with all of your questions. DO NOT WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She really knows what she is doing. She has A LOT of years of experience and believe me, she does a BETTER job than planners I've seen in the U.S. Her attention to detail is unmatched. All of my guests were wowed by the decor, food, and all around ambiance.  My wedding turned out better than I even envisioned it to be. And this is what Mayte creates. So don't hound her with constant emails because  you are doing yourself a disservice. Let her control the planning because she will do a 1000 percent better job than you envision for yourself. And this is coming from years of wedding experience myself. Just bring a good crowd with you and your day will be magical.

    fanatstic note! Congrats on ur day. I'm sure this post will calm many a bride on here. May I ask you how many people you invited to get 86. I'm wondering what the ratio turns out to be. We need to invite about 120 but are hoping for about 80-90. Thanks again for the advice .

    #2322 Henderson2013

    Henderson2013
    • Newbie
    • 16 posts

      Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

      I invited about 300 guests. I have a large family. But most couldn't make it. With destination, you have to expect at least 50 percent of guests won't make it due to costs.

      #2323 Henderson2013

      Henderson2013
      • Newbie
      • 16 posts

        Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

        Congrats on your wedding! I'm so happy to hear everything worked out well for you. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing some info of your wedding, I'm sure lots of details are prob still fresh in your mind. I know lots of brides would to know which menu, drink package, decor cost, and entertainment. If you have the total cost of your wedding, that would be extremely helpful!

        I had a budget but that went out the window so I couldn't tell u the total cost. We went with menu 1. And lowest package cost since I had a lot of guests. We did the fire show which everyobe lived and the dj is on point with the music selection for your crowd. All of the decor is included in the set up cost except for fresh flowers for the center pieces which we had. I'll try to post pics once I get some

        #2324 mairelys

        mairelys
        • Newbie
        • 117 posts

          Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

          Yeah, I haven't contacted her since we paid. I just assumed I'll do the rest, and contact her when busy season is over. 
          Just heard so much not to worry, I've stopped worrying! haha

          Awesome, I was 100% going to rent out the whole restaurant but so many people have said it's not necessary, I'm going to save that $1000. Love this forum! :D



          #2325 DeeP10

          DeeP10
          • Jr. Member
          • 270 posts

            Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

            I invited about 300 guests. I have a large family. But most couldn't make it. With destination, you have to expect at least 50 percent of guests won't make it due to costs.

            Thanks, made me feel better. We also have a huge family but were afraid to invite them in case hey all did attend. Lol

            #2326 KnC2014

            KnC2014
            • Newbie
            • 27 posts

              Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

              I have a friend getting married in punta Cana next week. She invited 220 guests and 170 are going!!!! The first thing she told me was DO NOT invite people assuming they won't go. I am getting married in the summer and a lot of people take vacations in the summer since kids are off school. Right now we have 70ish people on our invite list and are hoping to have 50 max at our wedding. This has really been the only thing stressing me out so far. We also have huge families here in the states plus family in DR. Drama! Drama! Lol

              #2327 vas2014

              vas2014
              • Jr. Member
              • 159 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 15, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

              Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

              Originally Posted by KnC2014 

              I have a friend getting married in punta Cana next week. She invited 220 guests and 170 are going!!!! The first thing she told me was DO NOT invite people assuming they won't go. I am getting married in the summer and a lot of people take vacations in the summer since kids are off school. Right now we have 70ish people on our invite list and are hoping to have 50 max at our wedding. This has really been the only thing stressing me out so far. We also have huge families here in the states plus family in DR. Drama! Drama! Lol

               

              This has been the only thing stressing me out too. My fiance also has family here in the states plus family in DR. Drama! Drama!!!!!

              One of our biggest fears is that everyone will show up too. We had to sit down with my soon to be in-law as they felt they had to invite every member still alive on the island “Politics”.  They said they understood our request to keep it under 50,  I hope that is the cast. We are sending out our save the dates on 7/15, we are trying to keep it at 50 guests.  

              Most of our family and friends here in the states have also mentioned that they’ll be making a family vacation out of it.  So now we have to count children. 

               

              Shavon



              #2328 vas2014

              vas2014
              • Jr. Member
              • 159 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 15, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

              Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

              Originally Posted by Henderson2013 

              I just got back from my June 29 wedding and let me tell you ladies, it was by far the best wedding my guests attended (their words not mine). And that includes the states. I had about 86 guests including children and it was the perfect size. Any more, the lower level would have been too cramped (my opinion). So if you wanted to host more guests, I would highly recommend using the entire restaurant (which we didn't do). There were guests dining during our reception, but no one could tell!! So you don't need to spend the money unless you really have to.

               

              Mayte is beyond exceptional at what she does. Please do not stress and do not keep bothering her with emails. I would wait until you get close to your wedding date and send her an email with all of your questions. DO NOT WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She really knows what she is doing. She has A LOT of years of experience and believe me, she does a BETTER job than planners I've seen in the U.S. Her attention to detail is unmatched. All of my guests were wowed by the decor, food, and all around ambiance. 

               

              My wedding turned out better than I even envisioned it to be. And this is what Mayte creates. So don't hound her with constant emails because  you are doing yourself a disservice. Let her control the planning because she will do a 1000 percent better job than you envision for yourself. And this is coming from years of wedding experience myself. Just bring a good crowd with you and your day will be magical.

              Thanks, made me feel better. Congrats :) 



              #2329 ksaeuong

              ksaeuong
              • Newbie
              • 62 posts

                Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

                Originally Posted by Henderson2013 


                I had a budget but that went out the window so I couldn't tell u the total cost. We went with menu 1. And lowest package cost since I had a lot of guests. We did the fire show which everyobe lived and the dj is on point with the music selection for your crowd. All of the decor is included in the set up cost except for fresh flowers for the center pieces which we had. I'll try to post pics once I get some

                I am trying to figure out what the set up cost is because when I look at the document Mayte sent me she said it was $1500 up to 50 people. I will be having around 70, so I am not sure what she charges, or if she charges when you have more people. Do you remember how much she charged you? I am also trying to get a ballpark figure of what fresh flowers are going to cost. :::Sigh:::



                #2330 Hannah07

                Hannah07
                • Newbie
                • 11 posts

                  Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

                  Hi Everyone, 

                  My fiance and I have our wedding ceremony booked at Jellyfish for 2015.  We are having trouble with figuring out if we should have a DJ and a dance floor as part of our reception, or if this is not really necessary; or other ideas after the ceremony and dinner??  We don't have a large group of people coming...probably only about 20 guests.  So we don't think a DJ and dance floor is necessary, but I would love to hear any advice on this. Thanks!






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users