Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#2271 Adrienne Lauren

Adrienne Lauren
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Hi Ladies! Quick Question; Did you choose the Open Bar option? If so, which option did you choose and how many hours are you doing the open bar for? I'm looking at the Gold option currently, $17 per person seems kind of pricey?

#2272 MissyBee

MissyBee
    • 176 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I did the cocktail hour open bar, then the dinner open bar, then 3 hours of the middle option. Worked out great!

#2273 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
      • 261 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Adrienne Lauren 

Hi Ladies! Quick Question; Did you choose the Open Bar option? If so, which option did you choose and how many hours are you doing the open bar for? I'm looking at the Gold option currently, $17 per person seems kind of pricey?

We did cocktail and dinner open bar, then 2 hours open bar of the cheapest option. After that we paid based on consumption. I was worried that the drinks would taste 'cheap' since they were not brands that I knew, but the drinks were great!

#2274 My Belle 714

My Belle 714
        • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Smithk79 

We stayed at Majestic Elegance. But it all depends what is important to you and your guests.

Hi Smithk79,

Can you share your experience? I've read many reviews that the Majestic Elegance food is not very good. Have you stayed at other resorts in punta cana that you could compare it to?

Also, what photographer did you use and how much was the resort fee? 

Thank you so much!

#2275 My Belle 714

My Belle 714
          • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by MissyBee 

Our guest paid between $450-$800 from NYC area, and $600 was about average

Hey MissyBee,

What was included in this price? Was it air and hotel? If so, for how many days? 

Thank you!

#2276 Smithk79

Smithk79
            • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

I have never been to another DR all inusive but have been to a few on Mexico etc. The food was about the same as my other experiences. All iclusives are not known for their great food but overall we had no complaints from our group of 37. Some restaurants were better than others. We thought it was better than we expected for sure but we didn't have real high expectations. As for photothrapher, we used Caribbean Emotions who were great! We got ready at JF so we didn't have the vendor fees. Vendor fees went up since we were there (December 2012) but but was going to be either $100 or $300. Overall we all LOVED the majestic for a resort and JF for the wedding!

Hi Smithk79, Can you share your experience? I've read many reviews that the Majestic Elegance food is not very good. Have you stayed at other resorts in punta cana that you could compare it to? Also, what photographer did you use and how much was the resort fee?  Thank you so much!

#2277 Shara1984

Shara1984
              • 345 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by My Belle 714 

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MissyBee 

Our guest paid between $450-$800 from NYC area, and $600 was about average

Hey MissyBee,

What was included in this price? Was it air and hotel? If so, for how many days? 

Thank you!

Say what? Yeah I am interested to know if flight was included and if so who was your TA lol

#2278 MissyBee

MissyBee
                • 176 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Just air from NYC to PUJ

#2279 KnC2014

KnC2014
                  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hello Ladies,

For those of you that had your dance floor set up outside; Did Mayte set up a bar outside or were your guests going back inside anytime they wanted a drink? Did the outside dance floor cause any separation between your guests or was the entire group ok with being outside?

Thank you

#2280 heather82

heather82
                    • 37 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Has anyone set up a webcam or live feed for the ceremony, for family members at home who cannot attend? I know the internet connection down there isnt the best...curious if this is an option and what the cost is to rent one. I wonder if videographers provide this service? Im sure many DW's have important people who cant make the trip but would love to watch from home. My FIL is a farmer and May is an important time of year for his crop. Hiring a company/friend doesnt seem to be an option :( Looking for some creative ideas to include him as much as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users