Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#2211 Lauren Lopez

Lauren Lopez
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

No the armed guards weren't really necessary just reassuring and all the kids loved taking pictures with them. It's not bad at all especially if you just ignore them. The walk was not bad at all.

#2212 MissyBee

MissyBee
    • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

FYI- I am also in the NYC area, and Patty is on the west coast, but we never had any problem with communications..... Everything was done on the phone/email and it worked out perfectly.

#2213 MissyBee

MissyBee
      • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

The cocktail party was part of my contract with the hotel. They automatically gave me the bracelets; I got marrried on May 11, 2013. We stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real and moved to the Reserve for our honeymoon.

#2214 luvlove562

luvlove562
        • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hello ladies! It seems that my last post was not uploaded on here for some reason  I am new on the forum and I am considering doing a wedding at JF!

Can any past brides send me information regarding how much they spent exactly for their wedding regarding alcohol and drinks? I'm looking at the open bar list and are the prices listed per person per hour? Matye seems to be really reasonable regarding prices for everything except the bar options! Did any of you find it easier to run a tab instead of doing an open bar? How much did you spend for the amount of guests you had?

It just seems like it will add up to be more than we want to spend, unfortunately, and that could be a breaking point because in our group we have drinkers and then some who do not drink more than a drink or two a whole night!

Any help would be really appreciated!! I'm feeling a little sad if we can't do it because of that reason alone 

#2215 KatyaNova

KatyaNova
          • Vendor
          • 73 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by luvlove562 

Hello ladies! It seems that my last post was not uploaded on here for some reason  I am new on the forum and I am considering doing a wedding at JF!

Can any past brides send me information regarding how much they spent exactly for their wedding regarding alcohol and drinks? I'm looking at the open bar list and are the prices listed per person per hour? Matye seems to be really reasonable regarding prices for everything except the bar options! Did any of you find it easier to run a tab instead of doing an open bar? How much did you spend for the amount of guests you had?

It just seems like it will add up to be more than we want to spend, unfortunately, and that could be a breaking point because in our group we have drinkers and then some who do not drink more than a drink or two a whole night!

Any help would be really appreciated!! I'm feeling a little sad if we can't do it because of that reason alone 

Hey luvlove! 

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! 

The open bar doesn't apply to the entire evening... As the guests arrive, there's just a welcome cocktail served. Then, after the ceremony, a selection of your few chosen cocktails and beer. During dinner, just wine & beer. After dinner, the bar opens, so potentially, you'll just need it for 2-3 hours. I know for a fact Jellyfish prices for booze are the same or even a little cheaper than most resorts. From experience I can say that it was worth keeping an open bar, because those who drank, really drank  You could also keep a tab, you know your guests better. Does this help at all? I hope so, hehe! 

What you should also be concerned about is snapping up a date - I just talked to Mayte yesterday and we're both amazed at how quickly the months are booking up, well into 2015! 

Hugs from here, 

Katya. 

#2216 meganhood

meganhood
            • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

I emailed mayte about 2 weeks ago. I know this is a very busy season! Anyone have any idea when she will be responding to emails again? I'm anxious to book my date! :)

#2217 mairelys

mairelys
              • 117 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

I don't think any of use know, sorry megan. (Hi from Calgary! =)
                If you don't hear back in a week, I'd send it again. (or I might even send it now.) Good luck on getting your date!

#2218 Beachgirl1983

Beachgirl1983
                • 26 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

morning everyone! Mayte is so busy right now! I got an email back last week confirming my day and when i emailed her back asking what the process is...she hasnt msged me back. Im a little worried because i want to send a deposit because i want to have that date for sure. Has anyone recently booked their wedding at the jellyfish and knows what they need to do next? send a deposit? im getting a little stressed and confused now lol. But from all the reviews i read about the jellyfish dont have me worried too much i think my day will be perfect.

#2219 meganhood

meganhood
                  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

I heard back this morning! Date confirmed! November 19, 2014!

#2220 AnyaM

AnyaM
                    • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Dear Jellyfish brides, I have a dilemma and I hope you'll be able to help me out. Our wedding is in November 2013. We're flying from Boston and I'm finding that tickets are REDICULOUSLY high right now (and have been for the past month or so). If you already had a wedding in DR, how far in advance did you and your guests book your flights? I'm just so afraid to keep waiting because I'm scared that flights will go up and up and up... Any suggestions will be much appreciated! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users