Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#2201 mairelys

mairelys
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hey Beachgirl1983, we're July 10th. =) Congrats on booking your date!

Welcome Madso!

#2202 Madso

Madso
    • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by MissyBee 

I have heard good things about the JF DJ and the benefit to using him is that there is no time limit. I used DJ Mannia, they did a good job, but there was a time limit and the were more expensive than Mayte's DJ.

MissyBee-

I see you stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real, I am planning to do the same. Did you let everyone book through their TA. I am wondering if i would be able to still get the special group rate even though I won't be having the wedding their.

TIA

--Chanel 

#2203 elysefrancey

elysefrancey
      • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

Hey ladies! I am not sure if anyone needs the price list anymore. If you do send me a private message! Also, I already made and sent out my invites months ago. If anyone wants to see them or wants help let me know. I can also post a picture of them if anyone wants.

Would you be able to email me the price list? Elysefrancey@gmail.com thanks!!!!

#2204 MissyBee

MissyBee
        • 176 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Yes, I used Patty at Wright Travel (who was awesome). Everyone booked through her using the group rate. We had 42 guests, plus us. With that group rate, I also received a free cocktail party, which I used for welcome cocktails. I also still got the bride/groom bracelets at the resort. It did not matter that our actual wedding was off-site.

#2205 luvlove562

luvlove562
          • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hi ladies! This is my first post here and I am considering doing my wedding in Jellyfish! Can past brides please send me information regarding what they did for open bar and how much you spent? It seems like Mayte's prices are reasonable, except the bar options which seem like it's per person per hour, which looks like it will get really pricey if we have our wedding late (1 or 2 am)  Any help/clarification on what you ladies did will really help solidify my choice! You can email me at BarbLuken@gmail.com

Thanks so much!!!!

#2206 Madso

Madso
            • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by MissyBee 

Yes, I used Patty at Wright Travel (who was awesome). Everyone booked through her using the group rate. We had 42 guests, plus us. With that group rate, I also received a free cocktail party, which I used for welcome cocktails. I also still got the bride/groom bracelets at the resort. It did not matter that our actual wedding was off-site.

Thats awesome, I contacted them for their group rate. Now i just have to find a TA in NYC. Thanks so much!

#2207 Lauren Lopez

Lauren Lopez
              • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hey there!

We just came back from our wedding at the Jellyfish and we stayed at Melia. It was wonderful! The walk to the Jellyfish was like 2 mins. away and we hired armed guards so our guests were not harassed on the walk over so we ended up saving some money for the transportation. We had a Reception/Mixer prior to the wedding so our guests could mingle. It was for 2 hrs total and consisted of 4 hors d'oeuvres for one hour and 2 hour open bar for 50-60 guests at Melia's beach gazebo. The private dinner option was somewhat pricy at ~$40 per person so we ended up all being transported back to the international buffet restaurant after the mixer where we all ate together at one section of the restaurant. Miguel Valdez is the Group Coordinator at the hotel and was soooooooo helpful and assisted us with all our hotel questions and concerns not even pertaining to the mixer. Hope this helps! Enjoy this time bc it goes by too quickly and know that everything will be perfect!!!!

Good Luck.

Lauren

#2208 mairelys

mairelys
                • 117 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lauren Lopez 

The walk to the Jellyfish was like 2 mins. away and we hired armed guards so our guests were not harassed on the walk over so we ended up saving some money for the transportation. 

Armed guards?  Did you find it necessary? I haven't heard that before! Was there a lot of harassing going on?

#2209 Shara1984

Shara1984
                  • 345 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by mairelys 

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lauren Lopez 

The walk to the Jellyfish was like 2 mins. away and we hired armed guards so our guests were not harassed on the walk over so we ended up saving some money for the transportation. 

Armed guards?  Did you find it necessary? I haven't heard that before! Was there a lot of harassing going on?

That is a little bothersome. I wonder if we should just book the bus?

#2210 kimberlyraem4

kimberlyraem4
                    • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yes, I used Patty at Wright Travel (who was awesome). Everyone booked through her using the group rate. We had 42 guests, plus us. With that group rate, I also received a free cocktail party, which I used for welcome cocktails. I also still got the bride/groom bracelets at the resort. It did not matter that our actual wedding was off-site. How did you get a free cocktail party? And the bride and groom bracelets? Where did you stay? I am also with Patty. :) when are you getting married?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users