Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#201 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:16 AM

I just told Mayte I wanted hydrangeas, sent her the pictures of exactly what I wanted them to look like and she quoted me the price.  My flowers were really expensive, because they had to be imported in.  I think they were around 1000.00

Natalie

Originally Posted by jlarruda 

Your wedding looked amazing! I've been trying to look for information about flowers in the dominican around the time I'm getting married (November) but I haven't had much luck.  Did Mayte tell you options about flowers and what were estimates on prices? Just wondering what would be the best solution.

#202 Mel2010

Mel2010
    • 219 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

Natalie ~ Your pictures are GORGEOUS!! Thanks for sharing them. And I love your dress, you were so beautiful in it! =) I've read in a few magazines that the "sweets table" is the way to go now-a-days if you're looking for something different. Thanks for sharing. It's inspired both my FI and I to have one as well. I think we may bring down our own candy too though, lol.

Question ~ the dance floor that was setup on the beach? Was that DJ Mannia's dance floor? Or Jellyfish? And the white leather couches, do those belong to the restaurant?

Again, thanks for sharing your pictures. Looks like you had a beautiful wedding and I love the white & pink. It turned out beautifully!!

#203 Mel2010

Mel2010
      • 219 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Question for you ladies ~ I noticed a lot of you are booking with DJ Mania, have any of you booked with the DJ from the Jellyfish? He is much cheaper than DJ mania but I'm worried that he may not be as good. I'd love to know if any past brides went with another DJ?!

#204 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
        • 172 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Thanks Mel!!

The dance floor was through DJ Mania, and they set it all up, Mayte didn't do any of that. 

The couches were through Mayte - I believe for all that lounge furniture it was $500, which is a great price in my opinon for the look it gave the wedding.

Natalie

Originally Posted by Mel2010 

Natalie ~ Your pictures are GORGEOUS!! Thanks for sharing them. And I love your dress, you were so beautiful in it! =) I've read in a few magazines that the "sweets table" is the way to go now-a-days if you're looking for something different. Thanks for sharing. It's inspired both my FI and I to have one as well. I think we may bring down our own candy too though, lol.

Question ~ the dance floor that was setup on the beach? Was that DJ Mannia's dance floor? Or Jellyfish? And the white leather couches, do those belong to the restaurant?

Again, thanks for sharing your pictures. Looks like you had a beautiful wedding and I love the white & pink. It turned out beautifully!!

#205 MrsSCK

MrsSCK
          • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:58 AM

Natalie -- your wedding looks like it was SOOOO BEAUTIFUL. What a memorable day!

Everything is so exquiste.  I was wondering if you would be able to share your budget with us, how many people went, etc.  This would help some of to see if we could budget the same.  What meal option did you go with at Jellyfish?  Also $15/per/hr for alcohol is a lot.  If you have 50 for 5 hours that's $3750 just on alcohol for your reception!  Love love love the candy table.  Did you have a cake too or were the cupcakes your cake?  So cool. 

Any thing you could share would be so appreciated.  Thanks!

melanie

#206 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
            • 172 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hi Melanie,

I had 24 people at my wedding including my husband and I.

The total cost for the wedding for just the jellyfish was around $8500, then $1500 for the DJ and the dancefloor.  So I would say have the wedding it was about 10K, but that doesn't include my photographer ect.  That includes, food, venue (I privatized the restaurant), ceremony decorations, dinner decorations, flowers, lounge furniture, food, appetizers, open bar for 6 hours at $15/hr, dj and dancefloor.

Natalie

#207 Labebita911

Labebita911
              • 303 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

Question, Do they allow you to bring your own liquor?..

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#208 jlarruda

jlarruda
                • 201 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

Hey Ladies, just wanted to let everyone know that Jetblue & Airtran posted more flights today.. my TA called me today to let me know, I haven't spoken with her yet but when I just looked Jetblue seems a little less expensive.

#209 Mel2010

Mel2010
                  • 219 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

Hey Natalie,

We are also thinking of reserving the restaurant just to ourselves. At 24 ppl for your wedding -- would you say it was worth it to book the entire restaurant? We will be 30+ ppl (the number keeps growing) so I'm thinking we might as well cough up the $1000 for more privacy, lol.

Originally Posted by MissNatalie18 

Hi Melanie,

I had 24 people at my wedding including my husband and I.

The total cost for the wedding for just the jellyfish was around $8500, then $1500 for the DJ and the dancefloor.  So I would say have the wedding it was about 10K, but that doesn't include my photographer ect.  That includes, food, venue (I privatized the restaurant), ceremony decorations, dinner decorations, flowers, lounge furniture, food, appetizers, open bar for 6 hours at $15/hr, dj and dancefloor.

Natalie

#210 MrsSCK

MrsSCK
                    • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

natalie,

who did you use for your photographer and what was your budget?

we are thinking of going with photophil and he is $2600 for a 10-12 hour wedding day and a trash the dress session.  did you do trash the dress? 

thanks!

melanie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users