Jellyfish Restaurant

Originally Posted by LindsayOO View Post

Ellie I just realized we are probably going to run into each other! Our wedding day is January 16th and having the reception at Jellyfish (Ceremony at the gazebo at Dreams at 4 pm) staying at Dreams Palm Beach January 13-20...I have a Canadian makeup artist/hair stylist who lives in Punta Cana for the winter coming to the resort to do hair & makeup and she suggested to be ready by 2:00 pm at the latest (so for a 4:30 ceremony 2:30 pm...that way you have lots of time to take pictures and not be stressed getting there in a rush...plus things always get a bit behind...she is coming to the resort EARLY...around 8-8:30 am..but she is doing hair & makeup for 5 ppl and just hair for 2...so she is going to do the moms first...then my sister & sister in law..then me...then the other 2 bridesmaids hair....hope that helps!

Our timeline is different because we are doing a first look and taking pics together before the ceremony but we are planning to be ready by 1:30...take pics with my mom/dad and bridesmaids..then she will take pics with the groom & groomsmen...then we will do our first look around 2:30  and have 1 hr to take some pictures and be ready for the ceremony for 3:30-3:45....ceremony at 4...ceremony finishes by 4:30 (we are having pastor York so he takes a bit longer) then take a couple group shots...wedding party will get on the bus to Jellyfish at 5...get to Jellyfish at 5:20ish and have another hour to take pictures around Jellyfish (sun sets around 6:30 pm)...bus is picking up the rest of the guests at 5:30ish and they will get to Jellyfish around 6...cocktail hour from 6-7 then dinner & party till midnight!

Lindsay.  Thank you so much that was very detailed and very helpful!  We'll have to meet up our group will be there from Jan 11-Jan 18 :)

Hi I'm new to this thread. I am scheduled to get married June 29, 2013 at the JellyFish! I am so excited because I have seen all of the beautiful pictures and the work Mayte has created and I feel this is a better fit for our wedding than the resort. Initially we were planning to do everything at Now Larimar, but when I came across the JellyFish, I was sold!

I am a little concerned because although I have been in contact with Mayte and sent my pictures, I have not received a quote. And it's been over a month now! Can anyone tell me how long it took to get a quote back from Mayte?

Hi Ladies!  I was wondering if anyone had any idea how the amount of music that was needed for the processional march. I was hoping that I would be able to use one song for the wedding party, and another song for my father and I. Im just worried that the isle that the jellyfish will be too short for this. Thanks Ladies! 
Hi Lauren, Just got married there last week and had two songs for the processional and it was great. Mayte directs the distance between the wedding party and it actually allows for a great amount of the song to be played

Best. Wedding. EVER!! Just got married at jellyfish last week and am on my honeymoon (hubby is still sleeping but I am enjoying our veranda!) And will write a full review when we are back, but it was perfect. You ladies have nothing to worry about!

Awwww! Great to hear Mimi! 

I can't wait to hear your review. Can you also by any chance answer another question? Does Mayte take care of the timing for everything? I was wondering who organizes things like... speeches, cake cutting, first dance, etc. Is that something you plan, the DJ, or Mayte?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!  

For those of you who stayed or are planning to stay at the Majestic Elegance, I was wondering if you had any advice on a bar area that we could host a "welcome party" cocktail hour.  We're doing this instead of a rehearsal dinner to just welcome everyone to the hotel.  We don't want to pay anything extra for the area, we just want a place where everyone can gather (there are about 45 of us).  Any suggestions would be great!  I've never been there, so I don't know the layout.  

Thank you!

Bridetobe2013 -

I am planning a catholic ceremony and reception at the jellyfish for feb 2014, and I actually wanted to know if you had some info or pictures for Nuestra Señora del Pilar?  I previously told Mayte that I wanted to go with the church that was a little closer but from what she said is not as pretty as the Nuestra Señora del Pilar. Do you have any idea how far it is form the resorts or the Jellyfish?

Thanks!