Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#1471 Smithk79

Smithk79
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Do you know if u get married in the states by the JP if they could make it the same day of your ceremony in pc? I hate the thought of having two dates

Do u mean on the paperwork? If so, then not in my state but dont know if it varies by state?? For us, our legal date is December 5, symbolic ceremony is December 9 so i figure we have 5 days of celebration each year :-)

#1472 LindsayOO

LindsayOO
    • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by peaches1149 

Do you know if u get married in the states by the JP if they could make it the same day of your ceremony in pc? I hate the thought of having two dates

Not sure about the states but in Canada they can't make it the same date...it has to be the date the Justice of the Peace signs it...but noone ever has to know that :) We are using our Punta Cana date as our wedding anniversary date and thats when we will celebrate every year!

#1473 peaches1149

peaches1149
      • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I suppose ill live with it and just use our pc date too! Or.celebrate all week!

#1474 peaches1149

peaches1149
        • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

#1475 MissyBee

MissyBee
          • 176 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Does anyone know if the JF allows Wish Lanterns? Also, did anyone use sparklers? If so, how did you get this items to the DR?

#1476 sdj327

sdj327
            • 171 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by MissyBee 

Does anyone know if the JF allows Wish Lanterns? Also, did anyone use sparklers? If so, how did you get this items to the DR?

Technically you are not allowed to fly with sparklers. But many brides bring a few with them. Just pack it at the bottom of your suitcase. You can also spread them out b/w family and friends. I am planning on doing a sparkler entrance for my wedding at the jf.

Not sure about the wish lanterns but I think I remember they weren't allowed. 

#1477 Lauren Lopez

Lauren Lopez
              • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hey everyone! Was just curious if anyone has been to either NOW Larimar or Melia Caribe Tropical hotels and can tell me a little about either one of them. Those are the two hotels I am currently in between. Thanks so much all!

#1478 cnd29

cnd29
                • 132 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

The date your US marriage license is signed and filed has to be a date you are in the US. If you want to legally be married on the date of your PC wedding you'd have to do it their way and go thru all the steps involved. We used a friend who got ordained online and we signed the paperwork and submitted when we got back. The date is different but we can celebrate either or both dates. We probably will just celebrate the date the wedding took place. J ust make sure to tell them you did a ceremony at home on the date you are signing the license with. You're supposed to have an actual legal ceremony in the US also but when it's a friend signing as officiant, they have no way to know...

#1479 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
                  • 102 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lauren Lopez 

Hey everyone! Was just curious if anyone has been to either NOW Larimar or Melia Caribe Tropical hotels and can tell me a little about either one of them. Those are the two hotels I am currently in between. Thanks so much all!

Hi Lauren ~ Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  I have been to both resorts and they are both nice. It just depends what you're looking for in a resort. Melia Caribe is larger than Now Larimar but the standard rooms at both resorts are comparable in size, Now Larimar is slightly larger with 495 vs 450 sq ft. I thought the grounds at Melia Caribe were nice, lush and tropical and I really liked the Royal Service. We had dinner at the Mexican restaurant at Melia and it was very good. We didn't get to sample the restaurants at Now Larimar but they had a good variety. If you have any additional questions please feel free to conatact me at patty@wrighttravelagency.com or 866-208-8681. Thanks! TA Patty

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
                    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
                    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#1480 peaches1149

peaches1149
                    • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hey where does.everyone get their picture taken? I wanted to.have them at the resort because there were more options but i didnt want to see each other before the wedding. Does Anyone know somewhwre by the jellyfish that is beautiful to take pics besides just on the becch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users