Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#1461 peaches1149

peaches1149
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

hi everyone!

do you know if you do a just a ceremonial and not civil, who would perform the wedding?  do you still have to arrange for someone to be there?

Has anyone had the entire wedding on the beach and not used the restuarant?  Any advice?  I was thinking ceremony outside, then inside for dinner and back outside for reception.  And does anyone have an opinion on having a dance floor vs dancing in the sand?

Thanks!!!

Attached Files

#1462 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
    • 177 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

Hi! 

I'm planning something close to your idea. 

My best friend (and also my man of honor!) is going to be our officiant. He's getting certified online.

As far as being on the beach.. I'm all for it! :) After the ceremony, I plan on having dinner in the restaurant, but then going outside for dancing. I was going back and forth about a dancefloor, but then I realized that I really just want to keep it as natural as possible. I went to a beach bar in Thailand last year, and everyone was dancing in the sand. It was the most amazing, fun, laid back experience ever! 

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#1463 bittersweetD1

bittersweetD1
      • 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

I was wondering if anyone out there has had anyone officate the wedding OTHER than the Legal Judge or Pastor York?  We had origannly planned to do a legal ceremony, but our wedding is on November 9th, and the Judge has STILL not confirmed our wedding time... am scared that he will end up giving us a time that will not work with our schedule!

We are moving forward with a "plan B", however, Pastor York is also not available on that day and I am really starting to panic as the day is so close!  Has anyone else used or is planning to use any other options for the ceremony?

#1464 peaches1149

peaches1149
        • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Inloveinkorea, If you bring your own officiant for.the wedding...how does that work? Is it legal? I was thinking the same too!!

#1465 Smithk79

Smithk79
          • 149 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

We are doing a symbolic ceremony, officiated by my cousin. Its not legal, we are getting legally married here before bc it was too much hassle and stress for me. But if u get married by a legallly ordained person, not sure if its legal in punta cana like in the U.S.??

#1466 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
            • 177 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

I think we'll probably get married right before we go to P.C. Does anybody know if you need any appointment, or do you just show up to the courthouse??

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#1467 Smithk79

Smithk79
              • 149 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Varies by state/county. We needed to apply for a marriage license within 30 days of the ceremony and then had to schedule an appointment with the court.commissioner for the legal ceremony. We are doing this the day before we leave :-)

#1468 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
                • 102 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LindsayOO 

Thanks Patty!!! I wish I could see the pics...darn attachment rules! Lol

Hi Lindsay - Email me at patty@wrighttravelagency.com and I'm happy to send them to you. Thanks! TA Patty  

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
                  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
                  Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#1469 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
                  • 102 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by inloveinkorea 

I think we'll probably get married right before we go to P.C. Does anybody know if you need any appointment, or do you just show up to the courthouse??

Hi Karolina - I'll send you the info via email. There is paperwork you will need to complete beforehand. Thanks TA Patty

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
                    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
                    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#1470 peaches1149

peaches1149
                    • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Do you know if u get married in the states by the JP if they could make it the same day of your ceremony in pc? I hate the thought of having two dates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users