Jump to content

Recommended Posts


So refreshing to read this I've read a few really bad reviews on trip advisor anfd began having second thoughts...but know they are all gone!
 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel2010 View Post

Ladies,

 

I highly recommend DREAMS PALM BEACH for your accommodations!!! This resort is amazing, the food is to die for, the coffee shop was open ALL the time, and the staff are really friendly. And I had no complaints with the rooms either. For all the BRIDES out there, I recommend spending a little more money and getting the Preferred Club rooms. It's soooo worth it. The view, the private service, private restaurant for breakfast/lunch, and checking in ASAP via VIP lounge....sooooo worth it! :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey Sunshine...


Well right now I am planning on letting my guests order straight from the menu.  I am still considering when we meet with Mayte to pick out several items and have her print them on a menu....only reason so that guests cannot see the price.  I want them to order what they want and not based on price.  We only have 16 of us and Mayte has said that it will be cheaper that way along with a la carte drinks.  Which makes sense because i know that some people will only have a drink or two.  I am having some appetizers out as well.  I just picked the ones I wanted and I am letting her handle the rest.  We will be there celebrating in 13 days so I can let you know when I get back what we paid.  Can't wait!!!  cheer2.gif

Originally Posted by sunshine77 View Post

Hi all,

 

just curious, was wondering if anyone minds sharing if they are or did from the JF set menu? or have picked directly from their regular menu instead. And is it a big differnce in $$.  Having such a hard time deciding!!!

 

Thanks!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Your wedding is coming up sooo soon!  Congrats!

 

I can't wait to hear your review on everything...  Also, I'd love to get some feedback on the specific dishes and apps you try :)
 

Originally Posted by CandM2012 View Post


Hey Sunshine...


Well right now I am planning on letting my guests order straight from the menu.  I am still considering when we meet with Mayte to pick out several items and have her print them on a menu....only reason so that guests cannot see the price.  I want them to order what they want and not based on price.  We only have 16 of us and Mayte has said that it will be cheaper that way along with a la carte drinks.  Which makes sense because i know that some people will only have a drink or two.  I am having some appetizers out as well.  I just picked the ones I wanted and I am letting her handle the rest.  We will be there celebrating in 13 days so I can let you know when I get back what we paid.  Can't wait!!!  cheer2.gif



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



So glad to hear all that!  We chose the resort based on a travel agent recommendation, but a blind choice still made me a little nervous...

Originally Posted by Mel2010 View Post

Ladies,

 

I highly recommend DREAMS PALM BEACH for your accommodations!!! This resort is amazing, the food is to die for, the coffee shop was open ALL the time, and the staff are really friendly. And I had no complaints with the rooms either. For all the BRIDES out there, I recommend spending a little more money and getting the Preferred Club rooms. It's soooo worth it. The view, the private service, private restaurant for breakfast/lunch, and checking in ASAP via VIP lounge....sooooo worth it! :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

My fiance and I really wanted to do a legal/civil ceremony in Punta Cana.  I just heard from Mayte that it can be difficulut to book the judge and it is a lot of extra work.  I was just wondering what all of your experiences have been with both the civil, or if you choose to have a symbolic ceremony and get married back in the states. 

 

Thanks so much!

 

Darcy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we want to do the same!  
 

Originally Posted by darcybride View Post

Hi All,

 

My fiance and I really wanted to do a legal/civil ceremony in Punta Cana.  I just heard from Mayte that it can be difficulut to book the judge and it is a lot of extra work.  I was just wondering what all of your experiences have been with both the civil, or if you choose to have a symbolic ceremony and get married back in the states. 

 

Thanks so much!

 

Darcy



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we want to do the same!
 

Originally Posted by darcybride View Post

Hi All,

 

My fiance and I really wanted to do a legal/civil ceremony in Punta Cana.  I just heard from Mayte that it can be difficulut to book the judge and it is a lot of extra work.  I was just wondering what all of your experiences have been with both the civil, or if you choose to have a symbolic ceremony and get married back in the states. 

 

Thanks so much!

 

Darcy



 



Originally Posted by venus909 View Post

See... not to make a big deal about $1 dollar... but on the quote I just received a few days ago, she charged me $7 dollars per person for transportation.  I will definitely be asking her about that.

 

I soooo want to make sure it's clear that I'm not trying to freak anyone out or get anyone worried about pricing.  NOR am I in any way trying to say that the Jellyfish is not being fair.  I just wanted to make sure that my custom choices and the prices that I was quoted for them seemed fair.  That is all. ex,  I was quoted $420 for a cake when all I asked for was a small two tier cake to cut.  I don't want cake for all my guests (I'm having a whole sweet table), I just wanted a cake for my new husband an I to cut... I didn't think I should have to pay $420 for it.

 

I am still having my wedding at the Jellyfish no matter what.  and if I need to pay more than I expected I will gladly pay it as long as it's accurate and fair.

 

The last thing I want is everyone emailing Mayte because they are all nervous about their budget.  I am very sure they would never change prices on someone that already had a quote or a pre-invoice.

 

And lastly I apologize if I caused anyone to worry...

 

Thanks!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Were you able to get anything cleared up about the pricing in your invoice?  Soon we'll have a better idea of our guest count and then we can make our final decision about having the wedding and/or reception at the resort or the jellyfish (we'd prefer the jellyfish!) so I'm interested in their pricing details. 

Originally Posted by venus909 View Post

See... not to make a big deal about $1 dollar... but on the quote I just received a few days ago, she charged me $7 dollars per person for transportation.  I will definitely be asking her about that.

 

I soooo want to make sure it's clear that I'm not trying to freak anyone out or get anyone worried about pricing.  NOR am I in any way trying to say that the Jellyfish is not being fair.  I just wanted to make sure that my custom choices and the prices that I was quoted for them seemed fair.  That is all. ex,  I was quoted $420 for a cake when all I asked for was a small two tier cake to cut.  I don't want cake for all my guests (I'm having a whole sweet table), I just wanted a cake for my new husband an I to cut... I didn't think I should have to pay $420 for it.

 

I am still having my wedding at the Jellyfish no matter what.  and if I need to pay more than I expected I will gladly pay it as long as it's accurate and fair.

 

The last thing I want is everyone emailing Mayte because they are all nervous about their budget.  I am very sure they would never change prices on someone that already had a quote or a pre-invoice.

 

And lastly I apologize if I caused anyone to worry...

 

Thanks!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there was anything I really needed Mayte to clear up.  I was just trying to compare my quote with others... mostly the menu.  I talked to Mayte and we decided to wait until I have a better idea of what my guest count looks like since that will make a HUGE difference.  Right now it can be anywhere from 40 - 80 people. 

 

So for now, I will revisit it in April after my RSVPs are in.  I know that my reception will be at the Jellyfish regardless...never second guessed it.  A resort wedding even if it was cheaper wouldn't satisfy my vision so waiting till April isn't a problem for me.  I just wanted to know how much of my budget I really needed to allocate for the reception or if I needed to increase my budget.

 

So to answer your question... the pricing hasn't changed it's the same as the booklet she sent out.  Your quote changes when you start customizing and adding extras...which I was doing.

 

I hope that helps :)
 

Originally Posted by mimiq View Post


Were you able to get anything cleared up about the pricing in your invoice?  Soon we'll have a better idea of our guest count and then we can make our final decision about having the wedding and/or reception at the resort or the jellyfish (we'd prefer the jellyfish!) so I'm interested in their pricing details. 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



That's exactly how I feel!  Still waiting on my quote btw... I sent it as a PDF attachment with pics of everything, thinking it was the easiest way to do it and would guarantee no problems with viewing the pics, only for her to say on her personal computer she couldn't open it, but would try on the restaurant's computer... Not sure how long that will take.

 

I did finally finish the invites and get them out.  I had to put a March 1 RSVP date though because the TA wants resort payment in full by the end of March... I can't tell you how many people are stressed about that!  It's been a challenge to not stress myself, and even more so to try calm down the FI who is UBER stressing right now!  I'm hoping by the end of March things start to sail more smoothly...

 

Originally Posted by venus909 View Post

I don't think there was anything I really needed Mayte to clear up.  I was just trying to compare my quote with others... mostly the menu.  I talked to Mayte and we decided to wait until I have a better idea of what my guest count looks like since that will make a HUGE difference.  Right now it can be anywhere from 40 - 80 people. 

 

So for now, I will revisit it in April after my RSVPs are in.  I know that my reception will be at the Jellyfish regardless...never second guessed it.  A resort wedding even if it was cheaper wouldn't satisfy my vision so waiting till April isn't a problem for me.  I just wanted to know how much of my budget I really needed to allocate for the reception or if I needed to increase my budget.

 

So to answer your question... the pricing hasn't changed it's the same as the booklet she sent out.  Your quote changes when you start customizing and adding extras...which I was doing.

 

I hope that helps :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×