Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I actually bought sparklers around the 4th of July this year and plan on bringing them.. not supposed to fly with them, but I've read thats how brides bring them.. If I get stopped by customs I'll just act like I didn't know.. oops lol.  I'll let you know how it goes after my wedding in a couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



That would be great! Thank you! I am curious. I will email Mayte (maybe after your wedding) to inquire further. I found these https://www.sparklersonline.com/ that seem to be a pretty good deal. we will probably get the shorter ones as they will likely pack easier. I look forward to your review of everything!!

Originally Posted by jlarruda View Post

I actually bought sparklers around the 4th of July this year and plan on bringing them.. not supposed to fly with them, but I've read thats how brides bring them.. If I get stopped by customs I'll just act like I didn't know.. oops lol.  I'll let you know how it goes after my wedding in a couple of weeks.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have current jellyfish pricing and wedding info?  I am trying to determine if this may be a better option than the resort as we are really not happy with them right now! If you wouldn't mind PMing me the information that would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I tried to post the menu's with the prices here but it gave me a hard time...

 

Torilynn... check your mailbox...

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Does anyone have current jellyfish pricing and wedding info?  I am trying to determine if this may be a better option than the resort as we are really not happy with them right now! If you wouldn't mind PMing me the information that would be greatly appreciated!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry if this has already been asked.  I read through this thread awhile back but cannot remember the answer to these questions now that I am seriously considering the Jellyfish.

 

- Is there a charge for having your ceremony there aside from the $500 for the beach set up?

 

- does the $500 include a limited number of chairs?  We have approx 65 people currently and will likely wind up closer to 70+, will that $500 cover chairs for everyone at the ceremony?

 

- Is there any charge to have your reception there?

 

- Is the $10 per person per hour bar for dinner and reception?  Do they do a set price for open bar for the reception?

 

Any pricing info that you ladies have planned for your days outside what is outlined in the wedding brochure would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! This is all so overwhelming considering changing with less than 100 days to go but I want to get all the details sorted out to see if it will work!!!!!

 

Thank you thank you thank you, what would I do without you wonderful ladies!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't  answer all the questions but here's a start....

 

- Just $500 for ceremony, no other charge

- I think it is up to a maximum number of seats but I can't remember the maximum... maybe 50?? Someone else will have to answer this one??

- Other than the food and alcohol and extras, no charge for your reception. However, if you want to make the resaurant private it is $1000, if you want just one level private it is $500

- You have some options for the bar.... for dinner I am paying $8/per person and that includes wine, beer and soda... for the length of dinner. For reception I am doing the $10/per person bar......

 

 

That's all I got!! :) Good luck with the decision!

 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

I am sorry if this has already been asked.  I read through this thread awhile back but cannot remember the answer to these questions now that I am seriously considering the Jellyfish.

 

- Is there a charge for having your ceremony there aside from the $500 for the beach set up?

 

- does the $500 include a limited number of chairs?  We have approx 65 people currently and will likely wind up closer to 70+, will that $500 cover chairs for everyone at the ceremony?

 

- Is there any charge to have your reception there?

 

- Is the $10 per person per hour bar for dinner and reception?  Do they do a set price for open bar for the reception?

 

Any pricing info that you ladies have planned for your days outside what is outlined in the wedding brochure would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! This is all so overwhelming considering changing with less than 100 days to go but I want to get all the details sorted out to see if it will work!!!!!

 

Thank you thank you thank you, what would I do without you wonderful ladies!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is some more info in the bar options cause I was kind of confused at first and asked Mayte.  The other option would be to pay a la carte for food and drinks I think.....

 
       Taxes 16 % food + drinks
 
   Drinks system:

   Cocktail hour: before ceremony 5 us per person
   Drinks for dinner: 8 us during all dinner time
   Party: after dinner 2/3 open bar hours.
 
Hope this helps a little!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think you are correct that the charge is up to 50 people

Torilynn- if the jellyfish is not available (i have a feeling the 4th was booked when we looked for ours) you could try Kukua. There was a thread started on here and I believe it is close to the Majestic. I think they are newer and not as busy with weddings, although I could be wrong! Good luck with the planning! I think it is ok to switch this close to the day, you really have to do what makes you and your fiance happy and right for you! I have lots of Jellyfish emails saved so let me know if youhave other questions, I will do my best to answer. Megs has been a great deal of help in this thread!


 

Originally Posted by astef View Post

I can't  answer all the questions but here's a start....

 

- Just $500 for ceremony, no other charge

- I think it is up to a maximum number of seats but I can't remember the maximum... maybe 50?? Someone else will have to answer this one??

- Other than the food and alcohol and extras, no charge for your reception. However, if you want to make the resaurant private it is $1000, if you want just one level private it is $500

- You have some options for the bar.... for dinner I am paying $8/per person and that includes wine, beer and soda... for the length of dinner. For reception I am doing the $10/per person bar......

 

 

That's all I got!! :) Good luck with the decision!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×