For the invites I just put that our wedding was taking place at the hotel and then I am surprising the majority of my guests once they arrive that it is off-site.  I thought it would be nice to do it that way - I really don't think you have to specify that it is at Jellyfish in your invitation because once ppl accept your invite they are going to be in the DR with you no matter what so they won't mind where the wedding is being held and I am sure they would love to be surprised and find out it is off-site.

I am letting my group pick their meals off the menu - I gauged it and I am pretty sure I will save money doing this as opposed to having a fixed menu.

Natalie

I did get an email back from Mayte last night and she was fine with us hosting our ceremony and a cocktail hour only.

This is perfect for us as we wanted to use La Barcaza for our reception. Now just waiting to get confirmation on our date from

Jellyfish, La Barcaza, and Pastor York. :)

Hey Digado,

I'm so happy to finally meet a bride who is having a legal wedding too! From what I've learned so far, Mayte is the one who will contact the judge for you to confirm a date and time. The judge usually performs weddings @ 4PM. When is your wedding date? We are getting married on NOV 27 @ 4PM.

Have you figured out how you will translate all your documents and who you will use to translate them? I've heard of a company on this website called WEDO or something like that, they are based out of Toronto, Ontario. I think I may use them, not sure yet. I've love to hear how you plan on doing this? =)

Originally Posted by Digado View Post

I'm so glad that I stumbled across this thread.  I was beginning to become very worried as I haven't heard from Mayte in 3 weeks either.  I have tried numerous times to contact her at the restaurant but I always seem to call at the wrong times.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear back from her soon to confurm our legal wedding time.

Hey Jess,

I'm kind of on the fence too about asking ppl what they plan on eating. On our wedding website, we have the option of including the meal choices when our guests RSVP and I'm thinking I might use it only because I think it would make it easier on the staff at the JF if they knew in advance how many items of each entree they will need to prepare. As for wording, maybe you could incorporate in your invitation both locations by saying "accomodations will take place at the Majestic Elegance and ceremony and reception will take place at the JF restaurant". I'm sure there is a more formal way of saying this (lol) but this should at least make it clear to your guests on where your staying and where the wedding will take place.

Originally Posted by jlarruda View Post

Hey Ladies,

How are you planning on wording your invitations? I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate staying at the Majestic Elegance and our Ceremony & Reception at the Jellyfish without adding so many words.  Also.. are you guys asking what they're planning on eating in the response cards or are you letting them order at the reception?  Any past brides any info would be great :)

Hi guys. As a past JF bride, I just want to let you know that Mayte does not need to know how many people are eating what. I had 85 people and she just took their orders at the reception. I never asked my guests what they wanted beforehand. Hope that helps!

That is good to know! And one less thing to worry about. =)

Originally Posted by adenen16 View Post

Hi guys. As a past JF bride, I just want to let you know that Mayte does not need to know how many people are eating what. I had 85 people and she just took their orders at the reception. I never asked my guests what they wanted beforehand. Hope that helps!

Hey girls - any past JF brides - quick question - did you tip? If so did you tip pastor york, dj mania, mayte, photographer, videographer - assuming you had all those services and how much?

Thanks,

Natalie

Hi Mel,

I know someone who got legally married at the Jellyfish and didn't know until she got there that there was no translator provided for the ceremony. They found a random person on the beach who happened to speak both English and Spanish to translate the ceremony. I would confirm that detail with Mayte!

We are doing a legal ceremony at the Majestic Elegance because we qualify for the free package and then heading over to the Jellyfish for the reception.

Good luck with everything! :-)

Have any of you that are getting married at the JF in November heard back from Mayte yet regarding a confirmed time for the legal judge?  I have been waiting for over a month to hear back, and I'm starting to get a bit nervous.