Anyone know how many wait staff/kitchen staff/bartenders there are at JF?  just trying to figure out our tipping budget and it would be helpful to know!

Thanks!

Anyone know how many wait staff/kitchen staff/bartenders there are at JF?  just trying to figure out our tipping budget and it would be helpful to know! Thanks!
I think we had maybe 2 bartenders and maybe 3 or 4 waitstaff, plus mayte was out and taking orders too...

Originally Posted by AquaCait View Post

I think we had maybe 2 bartenders and maybe 3 or 4 waitstaff, plus mayte was out and taking orders too...

Awesome, thanks!!

Hey guys! I'm here in Punta Cana enjoying the sunshine! Met with Mayte yesterday and all I can say is Oh. My. God! The food was incredible! The drinks were as well! 2 suggestions my friends, the mojito and the passion fruit daiquiri! But they were all good. And the food! We did a tasting on menu 1 and it was to die for! So happy with our choices! And Mayte is a doll! Soooo sweet! Any fears or nervousness we had about anything are all gone. All I can say is be patient waiting for your response. She has all your emails and all your info. Please don't ask her 100 questions at a time. She has 100 emails a day to answer. Pick a handful of your most important, wait for a response then a few more from the list. She will likely get back to you a little faster that way. She also does take care of people with weddings coming soon first. This time of year it seems like she is doing 5-6 weddings a week so be patient! It will be sooo worth it! My other big piece of advice (that I didn't know), if you have a date and time arranged to meet her, head to your lobby, ask for a cab and go. We tried to contact her to find out if we needed to do that or if she had transport and we ended up getting there late. She had been waiting on our arrival. So just hop a cab and go... Also, a lunchtime meeting is ideal because the restaurant is quiet and you have her full attention! Happy planning! Stay tuned for some more raves next week!

Sounds Amazing!!!  Now I'm even more excited for my turn next week!!!!  I hope your wedding day is Fabulous... can't wait to hear all about it.

Originally Posted by cnd29 View Post

Hey guys! I'm here in Punta Cana enjoying the sunshine! Met with Mayte yesterday and all

I can say is Oh. My. God! The food was incredible! The drinks were as well! 2 suggestions my friends, the mojito and the passion fruit daiquiri! But they were all good. And the food! We did a tasting on menu 1 and it was to die for! So happy with our choices! And Mayte is a doll! Soooo sweet! Any fears or nervousness we had about anything are all gone. All I can say is be patient waiting for your response. She has all your emails and all your info. Please don't ask her 100 questions at a time. She has 100 emails a day to answer. Pick a handful of your most important, wait for a response then a few more from the list. She will likely get back to you a little faster that way. She also does take care of people with weddings coming soon first. This time of year it seems like she is doing 5-6 weddings a week so be patient! It will be sooo worth it!

My other big piece of advice (that I didn't know), if you have a date and time arranged to meet her, head to your lobby, ask for a cab and go. We tried to contact her to find out if we needed to do that or if she had transport and we ended up getting there late. She had been waiting on our arrival. So just hop a cab and go... Also, a lunchtime meeting is ideal because the restaurant is quiet and you have her full attention! Happy planning! Stay tuned for some more raves next week!

Thanks for the post!  And it's good to know that Mayte would prefer to answer questions a few at a time.  I've wondered what is easier for her, so thanks!

Thanks for the post!  And it's good to know that Mayte would prefer to answer questions a few at a time.  I've wondered what is easier for her, so thanks!
Mimi- she said the lengthier emails with a ton of questions could take her an hour or more to respond. She doesn't sit for 10 minutes let alone an hour and each day she receives many emails. So yes, you may have better luck sticking to a couple important questions at a time.

Thanks for the information!

Does anyone happen to have 2012 prices for JF?  The one that was sent to me is from 2009 and I know some of the new prices but not many.

Thanks!

I don't think there is an updated list... I'm getting married in November and I think I have the same price list.

Originally Posted by Smithk79 View Post

Thanks for the information!

Does anyone happen to have 2012 prices for JF?  The one that was sent to me is from 2009 and I know some of the new prices but not many.

Thanks!

I don't think there is an updated list... I'm getting married in November and I think I have the same price list.
Thanks! I am getting married there December 2012 :) Are u just estimating from 2009 prices?