Jellyfish Restaurant

Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post

Also, can any past brides let me know what they tipped please? If you do not feel comfortable posting here, please PM me. Thank you!

Hey Missy / Brides! 

The staff at Jellyfish is AMAZING and absolutely deserve tips. You should tip what you would at home - 10-15%... You can either add this to the total and Mayte will distribute it OR better yet, divide it into envelopes for kitchen / bar / waiters... We also tipped the entertainers for the crazy show & fire show because they are incredible, but you don't have to. 

Last but not least, Mayte - she works so hard and will blow your mind with her creativity, attention to detail, and love. I'd say $100 or more for her on top of everything would be great. Totally up to you. 

* Taxes are killer in DR... bring cash for your balance payment if you can! 

HUGS from here, 

Katya. 

Originally Posted by KatyaNova View Post

Hi gorgeous! 

* Dreams - I would wholeheartedly recommend either of the resorts (our wedding week was at the Palm Beach one), but Punta Cana is also fantastic (and larger, so you wouldn't have to worry about it filling up as quickly as Palm Beach might). I'd say, they are generally the best value for $. 

* Paradisus - Palma Real is walking distance to Jellyfish, quite pricey. Paradisus Punta Cana is about 25 minutes away, is a good option. That was our other wedding choice and I blogged about it HERE {getting freaky with their outside vendor fee; $1000 but there are ways to reduce it}

* Now Larimar is a good one (and also very close to Jellyfish). It's nice and small, like Dreams Palm Beach. 

* Barcelo Palace Deluxe is another good option (huge property; can be hit & miss with food & service), inflexible with any changes. 

* Palladium is another good one. Very close to Jellyfish. 

* Bahia Principe - 4 resorts in one, so enormous; about 25 minute drive from Jellyfish. 

* We loooove Hard Rock, but a bit too big, about 25 minute drive to Jellyfish). 

* Majestic is our least favourite (we hear most overall complaints from brides about this one, but some have had a great experience there). 

* Melia - right next to Jellyfish, great value for $. The resort is huge, but really nice. The grounds are gorgeous! Very much recommend - we've done a few Melia/Jellyfish weddings and it's always super seamless! The guests can actually walk right over. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any specific questions about any of these, we've been there many times cheers.gif

Hugs from Punta Cana, 

Katya. 

Hi Katya,

Thanks for providing all of this great info.  Have you ever head anything about Iberostar?  Someone mentioned them to me today to check out so I was curious.  I don't see much information regarding them at all.  Thanks.

Hi gorgeous! 

* Dreams - I would wholeheartedly recommend either of the resorts (our wedding week was at the Palm Beach one), but Punta Cana is also fantastic (and larger, so you wouldn't have to worry about it filling up as quickly as Palm Beach might). I'd say, they are generally the best value for $. 

* Paradisus - Palma Real is walking distance to Jellyfish, quite pricey. Paradisus Punta Cana is about 25 minutes away, is a good option. That was our other wedding choice and I blogged about it HERE {getting freaky with their outside vendor fee; $1000 but there are ways to reduce it}

* Now Larimar is a good one (and also very close to Jellyfish). It's nice and small, like Dreams Palm Beach. 

* Barcelo Palace Deluxe is another good option (huge property; can be hit & miss with food & service), inflexible with any changes. 

* Palladium is another good one. Very close to Jellyfish. 

* Bahia Principe - 4 resorts in one, so enormous; about 25 minute drive from Jellyfish. 

* We loooove Hard Rock, but a bit too big, about 25 minute drive to Jellyfish). 

* Majestic is our least favourite (we hear most overall complaints from brides about this one, but some have had a great experience there). 

* Melia - right next to Jellyfish, great value for $. The resort is huge, but really nice. The grounds are gorgeous! Very much recommend - we've done a few Melia/Jellyfish weddings and it's always super seamless! The guests can actually walk right over. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any specific questions about any of these, we've been there many times :cheers:

Hugs from Punta Cana, 

Katya.   

Thank u I really appreciate it.

Jandl we have quotes from iberostar from our TA and are really looking into this resort BC of pricing and it's beautiful :) not tons here on it but I've heard good things! It's 20-25 min ride from jellyfish....I am trying to see if we could make our wedding and reception happen there;)

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe View Post

Jandl we have quotes from iberostar from our TA and are really looking into this resort BC of pricing and it's beautiful :) not tons here on it but I've heard good things! It's 20-25 min ride from jellyfish....I am trying to see if we could make our wedding and reception happen there;)

I'm going to have to get a quote then because I want to know all my options before I make a final decision. Thanks MrsShoreytobe!

Originally Posted by jandl2013 View Post

I'm going to have to get a quote then because I want to know all my options before I make a final decision. Thanks MrsShoreytobe!

Definitely - do you need the pricing from 2013 for jellyfish? I have them from the other kind ladies here :)  Part of the cost with jellyfish includes transportation (its 7 pp both there and back from jellyfish).

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe View Post

Definitely - do you need the pricing from 2013 for jellyfish? I have them from the other kind ladies here :)  Part of the cost with jellyfish includes transportation (its 7 pp both there and back from jellyfish).

No, I have the Jellyfish information.  I was referring to the Iberostar information.  I don't have anything regarding them so that's what i'm curious about.

I have a few questions for anyone that might be able to help.

• If I wanted to ship some items like decorations or OOT/Welcome bags, would I be able to send these to Mayte?
  • Does anyone know if it's a hassle to ship items to the DR and if so what's the best service?
  • Is it better to get the flowers/bouquets, etc from Mayte or through the hotel that I have the ceremony with?
  • Anybody have a clue what types of flowers are easy to obtain in Punta Cana?

Thanks everyone.  Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Jackie

We planned everything at jellyfish (ceremony and reception, even got ready there before the wedding). As for majestic, I we liked the size (not too small nor large), so much to do and entertainment, multiple choices of bars and restaurants, the grounds and beach were amazing, Elegance Club was important for us etc. We have no regrets about this place and haven't heard any negatives from other bride a on their FB page and the price was right for us. We looked into pretty much every resort there, second choice was Dreams Palm Beach but it was smaller than what we wanted for our group and we had also stayed at a Dreams in Mexico and wanted something different (although loved it). Third choice was Now Larimar.

thats great to hear! smith did you plan your wedding and reception at jellyfish or wedding at majestic? What did you like about majestic? How did your guests like it? Do you mind me asking what rates you got for people (e.g. under 1500 for travel and accomodations etc)?

Originally Posted by jandl2013 View Post

No, I have the Jellyfish information.  I was referring to the Iberostar information.  I don't have anything regarding them so that's what i'm curious about.

Hola Jackie!! 

Regarding Iberostar... 

Here are pictures from the two weddings we shot there last year (the first is Iberostar and the second Iberostar / Jellyfish)

http://www.katyanovablog.com/iberostar-punta-cana-wedding-photographer-jocelyon-jason/

http://www.katyanovablog.com/maya-valentin-jellyfish-wedding-punta-cana/

As you can see, the resort is gorgeous. They have a strict $500 outside vendor fee (per company)... alternatively, you could book a room for your photographers so that they are considered guests. We've done that many times before at other places!

Hope this helps!

xoxo