Jellyfish Restaurant

If you are

Awesome! That is pretty much what my colours are as well..coral tan & small pops of teal...I just haven't seen pics of anyone who has done coral...are you finding it hard to find good coral colours? I'm trying to find mens ties, chair sashes for our resort ceremony, paper umbrellas etc and I find alot of the coral colours they are offering are either way too pink or pretty much straight up orange...it's driving me nuts lol  
If you're still searching for ties, check out the Dessy website. They do coordinating ties and pocket squares to all of the dress colours for bridesmaids...its worth checking out...

Hello,

I am a bride staying at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. I am having some problems with getting a reception location that is not indoors in a banquet hall with no windows or view. I have looked at the price list for the Jellyfish but wondering if any brides that have done it would mind giving me a ballpark estimate on how much the wedding and reception cost with food, dancing, and a DJ. I am looking to have around 50 guests. I know how things add up so I was just wondering where I should be thinking as far a budget. 

Thanks! 

Hello all! Just booked my date for November 1st, 2013! I know its super early my friends keep saying I'm crazy, but better safe than sorry :-). I've been stalking these boards for quite sometime now and I completely credit this wonderful forum with helping me make my final decision. Any other brides book this early for late next year?

First post on this thread so yay!!

I've been stalking these forums for months and I also credit this thread for helping me make a final decision. I've been in contact with Mayte and she sent me a pre-invoice since my fiance and I haven't set a date yet but my price is also based on 50 people. We plan on choosing the first menu option with the international open bar at 15/pp for two hours with a DJ and dancefloor on the beach. Here is the pre-invoice she sent:

Appetizers: TBD

Cocktail Hour: 6/pp= $300

Menu 1: 35/pp= $1,750

Open Bar for 2 hours: 30/pp= $1500

Drinks for Dinner: 8/pp= $400

Taxes: 16%= $632

DJ, Sound, & MC: $600.00

White Wood Dancefloor with Lighting: $350

Ceremony on the Beach: $600

Reception Decoration: $750

Cake: TBD

Flower Decor: TBD

Flowers for Bridal Party: TBD

Transportation: 7/pp= $350

Grand Total (excluding flowers, cake, and appetizers): $7,232

We're praying that flowers, cake, and appetizers aren't that expensive but we'll see otherwise we're satisfied on the price considering it's for 50 people but we have to decide on a date before we book but she based the decor price on some pictures I sent her. I hope this pre-invoice helps all future brides.

hi all,

so i am super new to this but it was from this forum that i found out about the jellyfish in the first place so i had to join!

my fiance and i got engaged just a few weeks ago and we have always talked about a destination wedding. i have been googling punta cana resorts but just didn't like the feel i got from the large resort weddings. when i found out about the jellyfish i fell in love and e-mailed them right away. we are looking for late 2013 or 2014 wedding date (dates are very flexible, which seems to be helpful since the jellyfish is so popular). i would love to hear more from jellyfish brides and see as many pictures as possible from real brides/weddings.

for now the big thing is figuring out date options and then getting a rough estimate for what we have in mind... the biggest thing i'm stumped on is color theme; so if anyone has had their wedding already at the jellyfish i would love to see the colors you chose!

thanks everyone 

Congrats! You've made an excellent choice! If you go to my profile page theres an album with some pics of my day. We kept things pretty simple as far as decor. Our colors were purple and blue. Feel free to ask any questions.

hi all, so i am super new to this but it was from this forum that i found out about the jellyfish in the first place so i had to join! my fiance and i got engaged just a few weeks ago and we have always talked about a destination wedding. i have been googling punta cana resorts but just didn't like the feel i got from the large resort weddings. when i found out about the jellyfish i fell in love and e-mailed them right away. we are looking for late 2013 or 2014 wedding date (dates are very flexible, which seems to be helpful since the jellyfish is so popular). i would love to hear more from jellyfish brides and see as many pictures as possible from real brides/weddings. for now the big thing is figuring out date options and then getting a rough estimate for what we have in mind... the biggest thing i'm stumped on is color theme; so if anyone has had their wedding already at the jellyfish i would love to see the colors you chose! thanks everyone 

hi all, so i am super new to this but it was from this forum that i found out about the jellyfish in the first place so i had to join! my fiance and i got engaged just a few weeks ago and we have always talked about a destination wedding. i have been googling punta cana resorts but just didn't like the feel i got from the large resort weddings. when i found out about the jellyfish i fell in love and e-mailed them right away. we are looking for late 2013 or 2014 wedding date (dates are very flexible, which seems to be helpful since the jellyfish is so popular). i would love to hear more from jellyfish brides and see as many pictures as possible from real brides/weddings. for now the big thing is figuring out date options and then getting a rough estimate for what we have in mind... the biggest thing i'm stumped on is color theme; so if anyone has had their wedding already at the jellyfish i would love to see the colors you chose! thanks everyone 
Congratulations!!! Good choice with the jellyfish!!! If you go on to my profile page as well, I've got pictures of our day posted too.

Originally Posted by LindsayOO View Post

Awesome! That is pretty much what my colours are as well..coral tan & small pops of teal...I just haven't seen pics of anyone who has done coral...are you finding it hard to find good coral colours? I'm trying to find mens ties, chair sashes for our resort ceremony, paper umbrellas etc and I find alot of the coral colours they are offering are either way too pink or pretty much straight up orange...it's driving me nuts lol

yes coral is very hard to find! i will def let you know what i find! 

so i've been in touch with Mayte about possible dates, and i'm so excited to possibly have my wedding at the Jellyfish!

i have some questions about the decorations... i've seen a lot of beautifully decorated reception tables at Jellyfish with tons of little details. The decorations (other than real flowers) such as shells, starfish, glass pebbles, menus with the little details, the place cards, little napkin details, etc... are these items all included in the $500.00 reception decoration fees?

what about the large lanterns that several brides used for the dance floor space?

how about the decor for during the ceremony, like the candles along the aisle and the lanterns on the wedding canopy? Included in the ceremony decoration fee?

what about table numbers... if i'm thinking of just doing basic picture frames with the #s, is that something she could do or is it easier just to bring my own?

also, i like the idea of attaching my place cards to large starfish, would Mayte be able to supply the starfish or is that something that i would have to purchase on my own?

Thanks for your help ladies... i'm sure as time goes on i'll have more and more questions :)