Jellyfish Restaurant

Did your guests find the day long being away from the resort all that time or did no one seem to mind? Has anyone had any guests that wanted to head back before the rest of the party? How did this work? Let me know!

Personally, I wanted everything at jellyfish because it would be a more intimate ceremony.  Our ceremony began at 3pm so guests were picked up at 2pm.. after cocktail hour, dinner, open bar.. it was to go until 10pm and prior to this we thought we would play it by ear that we would add an additional hour of open bar.. we didn't need to, everyone started to party so hard right after dinner that they were tired around 10pm, we did have guests (grandparents, one is on oxygen and 2 kids and their parents go back a few minutes early just so they wouldn't have to wait for the bus for everyone- 28 of us).  Jellyfish really does accommodate you, if you need guests to go back ahead of time there shouldn't be an extra cost.  We were all planning on partying back at the resort when we got back, nope.. straight to bed lol.

Oh my goodness thats so funny that you were there!  Were you there during the wedding?   Mayte did an amazing job, it was a little dramatic in the begining but it just made the memories that much better :)  I actually felt really bad for her, she was soooo stressed. 

Originally Posted by jlarruda View Post

Jen,

I actually met with Mayte the day of your wedding so I saw her decorating.. and know the background story of the 2 ceremonies lol.. She did an amazing job.. she was so stressed that day but she handles it really well.

Dreams Palm Beach is a really nice resort, thats where we stayed.  However i'm very happy with my decision in having everything
 at the Jellyfish.  The ceremonies I saw at Dreams were really pretty but werent very private. 

Originally Posted by jacq View Post

Jessica I agree your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! Looks like you and your guests really enjoyed yourselves. This makes me so happy, and thankful I stumbled across this thread, after all of your amazing reviews I am the newest jellyfish bride! I'm so excited, our wedding is January 23, 2012 and Mayte was so quick to confirm, we heard within 24 hours, just this past Tuesday. I'm already so impressed. Our ceremony is still booked at our resort, dreams palm beach... But I'm tempted to switch everything over to the JF! What do you ladies think?

All of my guest absolutely loved the Jellyfish.  We even paid the DJ to stay an hour longer :)  Several guests told me that The Jellyfish is the nicest venue they have every been to (for weddings).

Originally Posted by jacq View Post

Did your guests find the day long being away from the resort all that time or did no one seem to mind? Has anyone had any guests that wanted to head back before the rest of the party? How did this work? Let me know!

I was there around noon on the day of your wedding.. ridiculous thunderstorms and lightening.. Mayte was so worried, she really cares about her brides.. she also told me that my bouquet was already at the florist (my wedding was on the Saturday) and that yours wasn't even there yet.. so she was definetly stressed!

The sparklers flew well (even flew back with some of our cake to eat a year later, yeah I know.. I'm such a law breaker!) The only thing is, it was really windy inside the Jellyfish and with about 30 guests, there was no way that they were able to light them to have all of them stay on at the same time.. I wasn't around for this, but apparently my MOH tried lighting about 20 of them at the same time (seriously, who does that?) and lets just say that we're lucky the Jellyfish is still around.. just kidding :)  Needless to say, sparklers aren't expensive so go for it, but just know that it may not work out because of the weather.. if it was indoors, then I'm sure it would work out fine.. but I'd rather take our amazing location of a wedding than an indoor reception :)

Yes I would also like to know what everyone has chosen for options that maytee makes available. Have many people had their flowers sent over to their resort before the wedding? does this cost extra?

I am also curious about cost if you have over 50 people.. we are at 54! For large groups is it better ordering a la carte?

I would love to add you too, I would also like to see pics!! my name is jacquelyn vincent, i can't seem to find you tho!

Originally Posted by AquaCait View Post

I tried to add you onto FB, but I couldn't find you...I would love to see pictures and get any reception tips from you because yours was so gorgeous...

lande8, Welcome!!!  You will have a blast planning your wedding, all of the brides here are super helpful!!! welcome.gif