Jellyfish Restaurant

Well jlarruda it is unfourtante that my first post here had to be a negetive one but it is the expirence I had and felt it to be shared.

"Mayte called the bride that was already booked without a deposit to confirm her date, and informed the other bride that the date she was requesting was not available". 

I wish that we got the same service as this!

We were given every exuse in the book for six weeks and finally found out that the date was not ours when a different date appeared on the quote.

No phone call, no apolagy, just an expectation for us to take their date.

I think you would fell bitter too if your wedding date that had been "set" for two months was taken from you.

Originally Posted by jb1013 View Post

Hello ladies!

I know this is a common complaint, but I have not heard anything from Mayte for about a month. I sent her an email asking her for a pre-invoice and information about the deposit. I know when she says the date is held it is, but the 2 brides on here with the same date has made me extra paranoid! :) Has anyone else heard from her lately? I just really want to put some type of deposit on the date to releave this stress...

Jen

65 booked!!

January 7th, 2012 at Jellyfish

Majestic Elegance 

Looks like you are having the same problem as me

dont trust the "date is held"  if you read my above post we were mucked around for 6 weeks with a "date held" and then were told it was not ours
Demand to put your deposit down today! if no reply go somewhere else

looks like Mayte is causing many other brides the same stress

what a disgrace!!

I spoke with Phil at length. We do not need his full $2,600 package as we won't be doing a trash the dress session and I don't think we need as long of a time for pictures. He can definitely work with you on pricing and accommodating what you want. We haven't booked our photographer yet but we might book him. 

Originally Posted by astef View Post

Hey Meg,

Do you by any chance have package info from Phil Steingard? Pricing, etc?

Megs and Jlarruda,

I would love to get together whenever you both have time.

In November after your wedding Jlarruda and Megs anytime.

I sometimes feel like I have stuff under control and then sometimes I realize that there are so many little things I'm forgetting about.

Would love to talk to someone who is in the process or has already done it ;-)

If there is anyone else from Boston please feel free to join us.

Thanks again,
Sheri

Hi!

I am having my wedding at Jellyfish on May 10, 2012. We are in the process of deciding our food options; so far, we selected option 1 but are worried about the quantity of food. For those of you who already had your wedding at Jellyfish...

Which food option did you guys pick for your reception?

Which appetizers, and how many, did you guys get per person?

Was there enough food? How was Jellyfish overall?

Was the Cigar Roller worth the money or should we set a table up with cigar boxes?

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike,

I can't answer your questions and am looking forward to hearing from others,but I just wanted to let you know in case you don't - if you like items from various Menu Options you can mix and match and Mayte will give you a new cost for whatever you come up with. I didn't like any option fully and was really happy to find that out.

As for the rest, I'm curious about the answers as well!

Hi Mike and astef,

I am on the same boat.. I am trying to decide on food options.. Our number of guests keep growing... We started with 25 and are at 40 :)

Mike,

I did speak with Mayte and the price to change  the options from package 1 are reasonable. Just pick  what you would like to have and ask for a quote? It should give an idea...

I would love to hear from other brides about the appetizers... Which ones did you choose and how many? Was it enough?

We just closed with a TA for accomodations at  Grand Palladium... I sent a survey to my guests and based on price , they chose GP over Majestic :( 

Nan and Brit 05/18/2012

Sorry girls.. I am still learning how to use this site...

LOL!!! We are the day before you!!!!  We are doing menu 4, with the cocktail hour...and we are getting the fire dancers instead of the cigar rollers.  I love talking with Mayte, she's the absolute best!!!  Good luck!!!!

Originally Posted by mike505 View Post

Hi!

I am having my wedding at Jellyfish on May 10, 2012. We are in the process of deciding our food options; so far, we selected option 1 but are worried about the quantity of food. For those of you who already had your wedding at Jellyfish...

Which food option did you guys pick for your reception?

Which appetizers, and how many, did you guys get per person?

Was there enough food? How was Jellyfish overall?

Was the Cigar Roller worth the money or should we set a table up with cigar boxes?

Thanks, Mike