Jellyfish Restaurant

Digado, which steel drum band are you going with? Is this offered through Mayte or did you contact them on your own? I would love to have a steel drum band but hadn't heard of any in PC. I was going to play it over the speakers. live would be better :)

Sherio9090,

1) How much was it to do drinks and dinner a la carte? I was just at a wedding that did buffet style and it just seems so much easier and convenient for everyone.  Is this what you did?

For 24 people, we ended up spending just under $3,000.00 for all appetizers, drinks and dinner - that includes tip.  We also bought dinner for our 2 photographers and our videographer, so 27 people total.  We loved being able to do the a la carte thing because then people didn't feel limited and their food was made fresh to order. Adam and I had already picked out 4 different appetizers for our guests to eat btwn the ceremony and dinner.  Mayte and her staff walked around offering these to everyone in our cocktail lounge area on the beach.  Then when it was time for dinner, we all sat down inside and each ordered directly from the Jellyfish menus.  

2) Did you dance inside, in the sand or did you arrange to have a dance floor. Dancing is what my guest will most likely enjoy the most and I want to make sure that they can do that. 

We danced outside in the middle of the lounge area that Mayte had set up.  She had 4 poles, at all 4 corners of the square dance floor with lights and lanterns strung all around them to outline the large square dance floor.  This was right in the sand.  I would definitely suggest having you dance floor outside :)

3) Did you bring the beautiful white lanterns with you or Mayte set those up?

Mayte provided those, although in my montage of pictures that I sent her I had included some pictures of lanterns. 

Any other questions - let me know :)

Megan,

Thanks for all the advice and help. This is really helpful to us all. :) Do you think it's worth doing an open-bar like you guys did for 30 ppl? I'll have at least 2-5 ppl that won't even drink alcoholic beverages so it seems silly to pay a per person cost when not everyone will be drinking alcohol.

Ladies,

I can't decide between going with DJ Mannia or the JellyFish DJ. There are no reviews on this DJ and tons of great reviews on DJ Mannia. I wonder if it's worth to spend an extra $200 to guarantee a great time for my guests, or take a chance with the Jellyfish DJ and see what happens. What do you ladies think?

Originally Posted by scarletbride View Post

Digado, which steel drum band are you going with? Is this offered through Mayte or did you contact them on your own? I would love to have a steel drum band but hadn't heard of any in PC. I was going to play it over the speakers. live would be better :)

I had contacted Mayte to ask if she knew of any steel drum bands in the area, and she wrote back saying that she could arrange to have one for us.  (I'm very excited!! A steel drum band to me just screams tropical getaway)

Megsosborn:  Thank you SO much for all of your helpful tips/photos and information!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think DJ Mannia is a LOT more expensive than Mayte's DJ.... also, if you decide to add on an hour or two, Mayte's DJ won't charge you extra, whereas DJ Mannia does. Anyone know the exact cost of DJ Mannia? If the difference was only $200, I'd definitely go with them!

Mel2010,

I do think it ends up being cheaper that way.  Maybe if someone had a really large group 40/50 or more then it would make sense to pay per person. 

Ladies,

I think that DJ Mannia charges upwards of $1,000.00.  You might want to ask MissNatalie18 about her experience with him and prices.  She has posted in this thread. 

Bryjenbry,

I don't have the physical address - the address in the Dominican are quite different then in the US.  I do, however have a great map that I can share with you.  Also, you can go to the website that I got it from:

http://puntacanatv.com/maps

The Jellyfish is on Map 4 and I think Map 5 as well.  This website also has some other great information on it.

Hey Astef:

Here is the exact quote I got from DJ Mannia for 4 hours:

Hi Melissa: First of all recive warm grettings, the price for Dj service is $ 850. usd and includes: * Mc * Professional Dj * Dj Booth * Sound System * Wireless Microphone * Robotic Lights ( 4 hours services ) * Extra Hour $ 150. usd

My only problem with this quote is that it's only for 4 hours and we need a DJ for at least 6 hours!!! So it would cost us 850 + 150x2 = $1150!!! So looks like we are sticking with the JellyFish DJ, and if he sucks, we'll have our ipod as a back-up plan.

Originally Posted by astef View Post

I'm not 100% sure, but I think DJ Mannia is a LOT more expensive than Mayte's DJ.... also, if you decide to add on an hour or two, Mayte's DJ won't charge you extra, whereas DJ Mannia does. Anyone know the exact cost of DJ Mannia? If the difference was only $200, I'd definitely go with them!