Jellyfish Restaurant

Just wondering what you are all doing for bringing money down to the DR - we have to pay Mayte cash for the decorations and also I have pastor york and the DR and videographer which all have to be paid cash.  needless to say I am going to be brining down a lot of cash - just wondering what everyones thoughts are on bringing a lot of cash down - Where are you going to put it?  Do we have any other options?  I am scared because my wedding is 5 days into the trip so that is a lot of time to be holding onto the money.

Also - My wedding is in three weeks and I haven't chatted with Mayte in over 2 weeks and have sent her emails with no response yet - so I guess I should be freaking, but I am use to her being slow.

Natalie

Hi Mel2010. You do lose out on the package deals since you are not having the wedding there. They were very nice to me because we had such a large group and we were having our rehearsal dinner there. I didnt need bouquets because Mayte took care of that and sent it to the hotel in the morning and I had family friends do my hair and makeup. I got ready at the Majestic and Mayte sent a separate car for me, my mom, and my sister-in-laws. My photographer was Phil Steingard and he is with you all day. He stays at the Majestic but even if you arent staying there- he will be at the hotel taking pictures of you getting ready. 

Originally Posted by Mel2010 View Post

Hey ladies,

This question goes out to the brides who have already been married at the Jellyfish restaurant. If you booked your wedding at the JF restaurant, did you lose any discounts with the resort regarding "complimentary room upgrade", or package deals on spa treatments, bouquets, hair/makeup trials, etc? And where did you get ready before the ceremony? At your resort? Or at the JF restaurant? If you got ready at the resort, did you pay to bring in your photographer to take pics of you getting ready?

Thanks Adenen! So I guess that's what I was wondering -- if the resort was still willing to cater to your 30+ guests. We are planning on having 3 group dinners during our stay (meet & greet dinner on day 1, rehearsal dinner and farewell dinner). I'm just hoping that the resort will still be accommodating even though we aren't getting married at this resort. Do you guys at least get a room upgrade? lol

MissNatalie18: We are also bringing down A LOT of cash. Our photographer only accepts CASH, we have to pay Mayte in CASH for some items, we have to pay the judge CASH and then there is Mayte's TIP, so that's A LOT of MOOLAH to bring down. Our wedding is also 5 days into the trip so we have no idea where to stash this money. I'm thinking of spreading the money between our parents room, our room and maybe my maid of honor and place it in their safe? This way if it gets stolen, we don't loose all of our money in one shot, lol. Or the other option is to lock your money in your suitcase. We have locks for our suitcase, so we would leave some fake jewelry and some money in our safe to make it look like that's our most valuable stuff, and then lock up our money in our suitcases. I don't know...these may be dumb ideas too. if you have a better idea, please share, lol.

We got an ocean view suite when we booked so there really wasnt any "higher room". So Im not sure if they follow through with their upgrades. I know its based on availability so Im not sure. 

They will definitely accommodate your guests. Our week was a little crazy because we had 85 people and everyone was coming on different days and it would obviously be impossible to go anywhere with 85 people (except for the rehearsal dinner that was planned). So we did a welcome cocktail- where we had everyone meet on thursday night for about 2 hours (bc most people were there by then). Then we all split up and met back up for drinks. It will be easier with 30 people

Mel - that is too funny - those were my exact two options lol!!!  Any feedback on where to keep money from any of the brides that got married at JF?

Also Mel - I am goign to see if I can pay Mayte for the cash portion the first day I arrive just to get the money in her hands instead of mine right away - then spread the rest.

Natalie

Does anyone know if you can do your ceremony and just a cocktail hour at Jellyfish instead of a full dinner? We would like to do our ceremony at the Jellyfish and do a cocktail hour and a few appetizers and then do our reception on La Barcaza. I emailed Mayte a week ago about this but havent heard back, sounds like she has her hands full. Thanks for any info on this.

I think the restaurant could accommodate a ceremony and cocktail hour after wards. Mayte will help you plan your wedding whichever way you wish to have it. =)

I think she's super busy this week (and last week) and I know that she answers emails later on in the evening -- so I'm sure she will get back to you soon. If two weeks go by, email her again.

Originally Posted by MRR16 View Post

Does anyone know if you can do your ceremony and just a cocktail hour at Jellyfish instead of a full dinner? We would like to do our ceremony at the Jellyfish and do a cocktail hour and a few appetizers and then do our reception on La Barcaza. I emailed Mayte a week ago about this but havent heard back, sounds like she has her hands full. Thanks for any info on this.

That is such a good idea to get rid of some cash right away -- I LOVE that idea!! lol

Originally Posted by MissNatalie18 View Post

Mel - that is too funny - those were my exact two options lol!!!  Any feedback on where to keep money from any of the brides that got married at JF?

Also Mel - I am goign to see if I can pay Mayte for the cash portion the first day I arrive just to get the money in her hands instead of mine right away - then spread the rest.

Natalie

I'm so glad that I stumbled across this thread.  I was beginning to become very worried as I haven't heard from Mayte in 3 weeks either.  I have tried numerous times to contact her at the restaurant but I always seem to call at the wrong times.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear back from her soon to confurm our legal wedding time.

Hey Ladies,

How are you planning on wording your invitations? I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate staying at the Majestic Elegance and our Ceremony & Reception at the Jellyfish without adding so many words.  Also.. are you guys asking what they're planning on eating in the response cards or are you letting them order at the reception?  Any past brides any info would be great :)