photographers in mayan riviera

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 finleys7

• 703 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

Shell, I would also look around this website. Lots of GREAT and not so great reviews, but those are what help us make such important decisions when we can't meet them face to face.

When I first started I made an excel spreadsheet of prices and what it includes. I don't think you have enough points to view it, so PM me if you would like me to email it to you.

Good Luck!

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#12 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by finleys7
    When I first started I made an excel spreadsheet of prices and what it includes. I don't think you have enough points to view it, so PM me if you would like me to email it to you.

Good Luck!
    I did the same thing! great minds think alike

As for RM photographers in the local area that are under $1500 I'm not too sure. You may want to find a local photog and see if they would be interested in doing a DW for a portfolio builder? Some may and I'm sure that would come in around your price range. Just make sure they're familiar with shooting weddings :-)

#13 angelov321

• 548 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

Check out Victor Herreras website. He has assistants that charge less than $1000. There arent many reviews on him unfortunately.

#14 jeninesmom

• 74 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

I'm interested in this same thing...The resort wants $750 for only 100 pics. I think I could do better than that. We just want some nice pretty shots.
        My daughter Jenine's wedding, Secrets Capri April 12th 2010 My son Joel's wedding, August 21 2010!

#15 m&d2011

• 379 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

I am hiring Del Sol...I love their pics!!! And they are great with communication!

#16 avong1228

• 384 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

There are a ton of photographers that will shoot your wedding weekend just for the cost of the flight and hotel which turned out to be cheaper for me than to get someone local. That way, if you resort charges an outside vendor fee it's waived since they are staying at the resort, in most cases.

#17 Applehead Studio

Applehead Studio
            • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:40 AM

When are you going to be getting married Shell? I always suggest you do a bunch of research, find the photographer you LOVE and then go from there. Ask to see full wedding portfolios, not just the good shots on a website. The benefit of hiring a local *(local to you) is that you can get in touch with them and meet them face to face before the wedding. You could always look into 'sharing' a photographer as well as some will be in the same area at the same time as your wedding and you can avoid travel costs.

Good luck!

#18 Danitree

• 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hi there! I hired Dean Sanderson for my wedding photographer! He was absolutely fantastic e to work with, he and his wife were extremely helpful in all aspects of the planning process, even in those not photography related! They were more than happy to give me tips etc.. I found his prices to be reasonable, and flexible based on the amount of coverage you want for your day. I have not seen the finished product yet of the photos but will share once I get them and have absolutely no doubt they will turnout as amazing as the wedding day was! We also did a trash the dress in a cenote the day after the wedding with dean as well, talk about a once in a life time fun experience! Also Dean has a blog on his website that's found very helpful in the planning choosing process. Just google Dean Sanderson Photographer and you can check out the blog post, I found all sorts of useful information there! Good luck I know it's a tough choice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users