Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Rio De Oro vs. Paradisus Princesa del Mar


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. LowUFO

Mrs. LowUFO
  • Newbie
  • 110 posts

    Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

    Hi ladies!

    I am newly engaged (Feb 12th) and have decided on a destination wedding for May 2011. Taking into consideration the budget of our guests we have decided Cuba would be our best bet to ensure the most amount of ppl can come. With that being said, I think we have narrowed it down to Paradisus Rio De Oro and Paradisus Princesa del Mar.

    If any of you can give an opinions/advice on what resort might be better I'm all ears. We do not have any young children attending so that is why we decided to go with an adults only resort.

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Congrats to all the fellow brides-to-be!! :)

    #2 Dmitri_Markine

    Dmitri_Markine
    • Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

      Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

      Aren't they in different Provinces?
      Princesa is in Varadero and De Oro is in Holguin.
      I've been to Princesa a few times and it was an excellent resort(...Cuban resort).

      #3 Mrs. LowUFO

      Mrs. LowUFO
      • Newbie
      • 110 posts

        Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Dmitri_Markine
        Aren't they in different Provinces?
        Princesa is in Varadero and De Oro is in Holguin.
        I've been to Princesa a few times and it was an excellent resort(...Cuban resort).

        yes, they are in different parts. I was just curious as to what people's thoughts were of the actual grounds of these 2 places.

        I'm sure both places are beautiful.

        #4 andrewdolphin

        andrewdolphin
        • Newbie
        • 10 posts

          Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:18 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mrs. LowUFO
          yes, they are in different parts. I was just curious as to what people's thoughts were of the actual grounds of these 2 places.

          I'm sure both places are beautiful.
          Can't comment on the Princesa del Mar and I think you'll struggle to find many people who have been to both.

          What I can say is that you won't be disappointed with the Paradisus Rio de Oro. It's a beautiful resort, and I'm sure the same could probably be said for the Princesa; we're going to the Rio de Oro for our third time this year and have chosen it as our wedding venue.

          #5 Mrs. LowUFO

          Mrs. LowUFO
          • Newbie
          • 110 posts

            Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:38 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by andrewdolphin
            Can't comment on the Princesa del Mar and I think you'll struggle to find many people who have been to both.

            What I can say is that you won't be disappointed with the Paradisus Rio de Oro. It's a beautiful resort, and I'm sure the same could probably be said for the Princesa; we're going to the Rio de Oro for our third time this year and have chosen it as our wedding venue.
            Oh really? When are you getting married?

            We are looking to do it May 2011. My fiance is actually from England and we will be inviting some guests from there so hopefully they will be able to find decent packages.

            I am a little worried about the food, but most reviews seem pretty positive. How is the beach??

            #6 andrewdolphin

            andrewdolphin
            • Newbie
            • 10 posts

              Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mrs. LowUFO
              Oh really? When are you getting married?

              We are looking to do it May 2011. My fiance is actually from England and we will be inviting some guests from there so hopefully they will be able to find decent packages.

              I am a little worried about the food, but most reviews seem pretty positive. How is the beach??
              Beach is great and food is great. We're getting married this May (7 weeks to go!).

              #7 Mrs. LowUFO

              Mrs. LowUFO
              • Newbie
              • 110 posts

                Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

                Wow! That's so exciting! Congrats and I hope everything goes just as you imagine it! You'll have to let me know how it all went.

                #8 Darcat

                Darcat
                • Newbie
                • 14 posts

                  Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

                  I have been to a wedding at paradisus Rio del Oro, it was great. Get them to do a beach wedding on the patio they have, it's by far the best location for a romantic dinner and AMAZING for pictures. I'm getting married at the Princesa del Mar only because I want to have an engagement shoot in Havana and Holguin is to far for my liking.



                  #9 mwhite

                  mwhite
                  • Newbie
                  • 19 posts

                    Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

                    Does anyone have any photos that they can send me of a beach wedding ceremony at both the paradisus Rio del Oro and Princesa del Mar.

                     

                    thanks :)



                    #10 Dmitri_Markine

                    Dmitri_Markine
                    • Vendor
                    • 2,782 posts

                      Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:17 PM



                      Originally Posted by mwhite 

                      Does anyone have any photos that they can send me of a beach wedding ceremony at both the paradisus Rio del Oro and Princesa del Mar.

                       

                      thanks :)



                      Honestly, they are ALL the same. No matter what resort you  will chose. Sand, water and a portable gazebo or a table.

                      cheers






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users