Quote:
    Originally Posted by JoLo908
    I also love the song "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys,
    I love the beach boys... i might have to run this by FI

#32 JoLo908

JoLo908
    • 889 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

At first when my fiance listened to the first line, and it says "I may not always love you"... and he was like WHAT?! but then it follows by "as long as there are stars above you, you'd never need to doubt it, I'd make you so sure about it, God only knows what I'd be without you."
      and also
      "If you should ever leave me, though life would still go on believe me, the world would show nothing to me, so what good would living do me"..... I am a singer so I am a lyric nut!!! but this song is so great!

and listen to the words to the Marvin one "You're all I need to get by"... so perfect... and perfect because of the fade in and the build! (okay, I really am a music nutttt!!)

PS... Like I tell everyone, listen to the song "Daddy" by Kendall Payne... it is so beautiful

#33 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

I saw the Jason Mraz video this morning on VH1 Jumpstart. LOVE IT! It is the perfect "beachy" love song!

#34 TheTomato

TheTomato
        • 45 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

I love Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's (same guy who did over the rainbow) version of Sea of Love and I like Dean Martin: Somewhere across the sea. We also have God Only Knows / Beach boys on our list too. I don't know the artist, but a friend of mine has a steel drum recording of the wedding march... maybe some expert searchers could dig it up

#35 albertabride

albertabride
          • 78 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:08 AM

I love that Kendal Payne song, it is sooo beautiful....now I have to add that one to the father daughter list...
            [FONT="Century Gothic"]

#36 Corvette79

Corvette79
            • 200 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:27 AM

what an awesome thread! this is such a fun part of the wedding details to check off the list!

#37 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

i love "better together" and jason mraz, but our recessional i think will be stevie wonder "for once in my life" ... not really beachy but upbeat (as i think the recessional should be) and it was my parents' wedding song 40 years earlier (they didn't really have a "wedding" so not first dance song, but it was "their song" and was engraved in their wedding rings). i keep trying to find a good place to use it, and the recessional might be it!

#38 srbina

srbina
                • 40 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:11 PM

I love the Jason Mraz song! Not sure where to use it yet, maybe the recessional. Keep the ideas coming ladies!

#39 Virg

Virg
                  • 684 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

I love this thread!!! so helpful!!!
                    Keep it coming Ladies!!
                    Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#40 cendcar

cendcar
                    • 163 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TheTomato
                      I love Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's (same guy who did over the rainbow) version of Sea of Love and I like Dean Martin: Somewhere across the sea. We also have God Only Knows / Beach boys on our list too. I don't know the artist, but a friend of mine has a steel drum recording of the wedding march... maybe some expert searchers could dig it up
                      Hi! I have all of the songs that you just mentioned but for the life of me, I cannot find my song in a steel drum version ...Here, There and Everywhere by the Beatles (well Paul M). Do you know where your friend found her song?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users