Sign in to follow this  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethtamar View Post
How exciting! I just finalized the plans for my Memorial Day Weekend '08 wedding in Nuevo Vallarta! We are staying at the Grand Mayan, which is amazing (I stayed there last year)! I am sure the Mayan Palace in PV is amazing too!
Oh yay, that is exciting too! I haven't even looked at the Grand Mayan. (I have to stop looking places because I think I'll just constantly keep second guessing myself cheesy.gif)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Good for you Jaime! Never been to the other, but you'll love the Westin. And you're right about the beds!!!
I take it you've been to the Westin? I keep hearing good things from people who have been there.

FYI my Dad and Grandparents were both "iffy" (i.e. you could tell they were fairly against) the other hotels we had looked at. Now they both actually seem excited! Maybe it's because they have been to the Westin before and feel comfortable with it. Before my Grandma and Grandpa would say something to the effect of "you know, you probably won't have that many people going since it's a DW..." and yesterday when I talked to my Grandma and told her about my 25 person price quote at the Mayan she said "25? You think that's all you'll have...?" Hahaha

omg i just love love the pics of the mayan....so modern....love it where did you find those pics when i go on the wbsite they show nothing really goos luck...so happy for you.............

Jaime! I am so glad that your plans are coming together! YAY! The pictures of the Westin look beautiful. I also think it is very special that your dad was married there.

I am guessing that a "European Plan" means no open bar? If so, I think that its a great idea to add bottles of liquor in guests' OOT bags. (My WC also suggested adding bottles of Mexican beer - i thought that was cute too.)

Just wanted to say good job so far on hotel choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVBride View Post
Jaime! I am so glad that your plans are coming together! YAY! The pictures of the Westin look beautiful. I also think it is very special that your dad was married there.

I am guessing that a "European Plan" means no open bar? If so, I think that its a great idea to add bottles of liquor in guests' OOT bags. (My WC also suggested adding bottles of Mexican beer - i thought that was cute too.)

Just wanted to say good job so far on hotel choices!
Thanks! I think it's the next best thing aside from Playa Fiesta wink.gif

Yes, European Plan means drinks and meals aren't included.

OOOOOHHHHH! So pretty. I love that look of the hotel. Also...I hope you are having the ceremony in that cool spot overlooking the cliffs. It is absolutely breathtaking! cheer2.gif Great choice of hotel. It's so hard to find something that all of your guests will appreciate; but I am sure they will adore that scenery.....OH; and you must take neat pics on those chic little lounge couches....how very very cool smile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
I take it you've been to the Westin? I keep hearing good things from people who have been there.
Well yes and no. I haven't stayed at the PV Westin but I had my bachelorette party there and the hotel is beautiful. I've stayed at several Westin's in the U.S. and they all have those comfy beds.

Specifically our party was at Nikki Beach @ the Westin PV which is stunning - white beds and white pillows all over the sand. They also have these elevated canopy beds that are sooo cozy, it's an awesome place. I've heard good things about their Sunday brunches but we didn't make it.