Who does the cooking??

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 NYJen

• 1,326 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

We're so bad, we order in dinner almost every night. But it's mostly because we're both tired by the time we get home from work. Plus we live in Queens and you can order in ANYTHING here. And believe me, it no more expensive than going to the grocery story and we don't have to waste time cooking and cleaning. But if we do actually go food shopping, Brendan cooks and then I run the dishwasher. Works for me!!!

#22 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by starchild
      Okay Tammy and Maria save me a seat at your table one day...sounds great!
      Oh my gosh, no kidding!!!

My FMIL is an amazing cook, and they conveniently live right down the street so we are very lucky!

We're still in college and haven't quite gotten into that cooking phase yet, lol. We really need to tho because we eat out way too much! We do love to cook, but there's not a grocery store nearby so it's always a pain to go grocery shopping. That's our excuse for now anyways

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#23 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

well since cooking for me is a bit more complicated (vegetarian), I do the cooking. But I really do (usually!) love it!! I do, however, HATE cleaning - so I cook & he cleans up after it!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#24 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

i do all the cooking and he cleans but lately i haven't been cooking that much at all! especially since it is summer - we are all about the BBQ Salmon or Chicken, fresh corn on the cob, salad and watermelon. i used to own a catering company in grad school and my mom is a trained chef so if you all are interested in starting up the recipe exchange i have some really good ones to share!

#25 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

Although he is better at it. I cookk because he works 12 to 15 hour days. So if my son and I dont want to starve I cook.

#26 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:52 AM

I love to cook and I am the only one who does the cooking here. I love baking too. Im such a mom.lol

#27 boscobel

• VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:34 PM

Heidi, Reggie isn't a vegetarian also? That must be hard then, making food for both of you!

I can cook, but not very good. I need instructions and I usually follow them to a T. Except, I like things extra tasty (read spicy, but not spicy hot, spicy flavorful), so I might add more of that stuff. But Matt can just take stuff outta the fridge and whip it together like nothing. It takes me forever to even make one of those Oven bakes were you jsut add chicken, cuz I measure everything out and then doubt myself and think it was wrong and double-check it a few times. Hahahaaa, so it's easier for us both for him to cook and me to clean. But I would love to take a few cooking classes to have more capabilities.

#28 Can'tHardlyWait

• 812 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

I LOVE to cook but ever since I started studying for the bar (about 2 months now), Steve has forbidden me from stepping foot in the kitchen. He is SO cute... he wants to cook but he is not every good so we usually end up ordering out... alot.

#29 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by amyh
                  Tammy, youre a TA, Realestate Agent, previous eventplanner, and now your adding Caterer/Chef to the list!

I'm never loosing your contact info!
                  i was never an event planner but do like to plan stuff...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                  Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#30 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

Dan generally cooks in our house. I used to but his food tastes better and while I like my food I'm not sure he exactly loves it... I always am tryign to cut oil and calories and use wheat pasta and all these things he doesn't want... But whoever cooks the other one has to do the dishes.

But I think I'm a very lucky lady for finding a renaissance man who can cook and clean! I HATE to clean - i mean really HATE it!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users