Who does the cooking??

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

Okay so am I the only girl who hates to cook?? Thank god Brad likes to cook and cooks for me on occasion!!

Who does the cooking in your relationship??

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

lucky you! I cook, well we don't live together but the only thing hans has ever "cooked" for me was an egg sandwich!

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

lately we haven't been cooking because our house is under construction all over the place! so "cooking" in our house has been throwing a lean cuisine in the microwave!

but usually we take turns cooking, and that usually goes in spurts. I'll cook for a few weeks, he'll cook for a few weeks, then we'll get sick of it and start cooking together.

#4 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by amyh
          lucky you! I cook, well we don't live together but the only thing hans has ever "cooked" for me was an egg sandwich!
          That's funny!!!

#5 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by tvt
            lately we haven't been cooking because our house is under construction all over the place! so "cooking" in our house has been throwing a lean cuisine in the microwave!

but usually we take turns cooking, and that usually goes in spurts. I'll cook for a few weeks, he'll cook for a few weeks, then we'll get sick of it and start cooking together.
            That seems like a good balance...

actually because i have work and school I am usually gone until 10:30 each night so the only cooking done if any is on the weekends...but when life slows down...i think I am going to have to cook more....but when I have more time I might enjoy it more Who knows!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

i love to cook....and move to eat more so i do all the cooking because i make what i want to eat.

like last night we had a poker party and i made flatbread with spinach/feta as appetizers, then for dinner ribs with a corn and green chili casserole and arugala salad with heirloom tomatoes and white necatrines in it (i went to farmers market)...for dessert we had strawberry shortcake.

hmmm...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

Brett does all the cooking. I'm not bad at it or anything - he just enjoys it whereas I don't really. If I find a recipe or am in the mood for something I'll cook. Brett likes to cook - it's how he unwinds after work.

#8 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Cain and I have our system down.. I HATE cooking so he cooks and I wash the dishes.. IF he's tired or just wants a break from cooking then I'll do it and he'll wash the dishes. But that doesn't happen that often.

#9 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by host
                  i love to cook....and move to eat more so i do all the cooking because i make what i want to eat.

like last night we had a poker party and i made flatbread with spinach/feta as appetizers, then for dinner ribs with a corn and green chili casserole and arugala salad with heirloom tomatoes and white necatrines in it (i went to farmers market)...for dessert we had strawberry shortcake.

hmmm...

holy crap! i want to come to your poker parties! we definitley don't cook like this! i'm talking more parm chicken with veggies, or some pasta, chicken, burgers! your menu just blew my entire cooking career out the window

#10 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

I'm moving closer to Tammy! That's a lovely poker party!

We don't really cook...I hate to cook and he only like to BBQ. Plus, he's gone most of the time and when he is home, he likes to go out to eat. But, when we move to San Antonio in 2 weeks, I will be cooking (for myself) most nights because I need to get healthier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users