Photo

Cabo Wedding HELP please!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kiwibride

kiwibride
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:41 AM

Hi, I went to the Sheraton Hacienda in December with my Mother who flew over from Australia to help me, I loved the resort and Anne was great, I was already to book and then my Fiance was suddenly made redundant! I had my menu, photographer, florist and d.j all chosen! We then decided to push the wedding back from Nov this year to March of 2011 because we are in the middle of moving from New York to Melbourne, Australia. I told the Sheraton that i now want to have the wedding in March next year and they have increased the room rates by nearly $100 a night! I find this so frustrating as it is only 4 months later and now means we probably can't have our wedding at the Sheraton which i was really looking forward to as it is a beautiful property!! I am now looking for a new Hotel and am hoping someone can offer me some advice as I am not going to be able to do a site visit.

I met with the photographer Gabriel Garcia and thought he was great, he took a few photos for me and they turned out great, I look forward to working with him.

I also met with the florist Claudia from Floreria Rayen, she is fantastic she came with her husband as she does not speak perfect english but they are both great.

#2 tinalv

tinalv
    • 52 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

Are you flexible as far as the date? I remember reading somewhere that rates in March can be higher because of Spring Break. Maybe you can ask them if it will be any less for a different month, like February or April.

#3 liznsergio

liznsergio
      • 400 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:55 AM

You might want to check the rates in February...it is not a peak month like March.

#4 vdaybride

vdaybride
        • 1,412 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:15 AM

I got married in February at Dreams and the resort is beautiful and everyone there was fantastic. If you are considering changing the venue, look into Dreams. Good luck!
          Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#5 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
          • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

I was married in April at Dreams, and I found the rates to be reasonable. Like others have already said, March coincides with March Break for elementary schools so rates are usually higher, late Feburary coincides with Spring Break for Universities so rates are also higher then. April is a good choice and the weather is amazing at that time.

#6 kiwibride

kiwibride
          • 275 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ana
            I was married in April at Dreams, and I found the rates to be reasonable. Like others have already said, March coincides with March Break for elementary schools so rates are usually higher, late Feburary coincides with Spring Break for Universities so rates are also higher then. April is a good choice and the weather is amazing at that time.
            Hi Ana,

I just read your review on Dreams and it all sounds fantastic! Your photos are amazing, I am starting to get excited about Dreams and spoke with David from Dreams today. I am going to look into having it in April.
            Thanks for your advice.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

rates january-april are usually the highest of the year in cabo.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 CrazyDaisy

CrazyDaisy
            • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

Hi,
              I got married at Villa del Arco last December 1st. I am sure if you make a deal now they can give you excellent rates. And also keep all your vendors. My WC was Gretel, she did a great Job.
              Daisy and Jon
              December 1st, 2009
              Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, BCS
              MEXICO [/CENTER]

#9 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
              • 2,667 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hi,
              I think Dreams is a good choice and they have great wc.
              Good luck with your planning!!

#10 l8ddi

l8ddi
              • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

We are getting married at the Villa La Estancia which is next door to Villa del Arco, and I couldn't say enough great things about their wc's and how wonderful and easy to work with they all seem to be. It's really been an effortless process!

I am having a rough time picking a photographer, but think I'm down to Gilda or Manuel Bourgoin. I love Gilda's photos, personality and rates; Manuel just seems to have a more artistic edge that draws me back to his site. Going to be a coin toss!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users