Wedding Band or Engagement Ring?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

So just curious...are any of you gals just opting for the engagement ring only and not getting an additional band??

I am undecided and based on my style of ring...a regular band won't match up to it so it would have to be custom made....

#2 SusanK

SusanK
    • VIP Member
    • 2,685 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

Remind us of what your e-ring looks like.
      I certainly don't think you have to do a WB. Some rings are better alone and a WB would only take away from it.
      I actually got two WBs, one for each side of the E-ring.
      Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

A regular band won't match well with my style of e-ring either. I couldn't find one that fit before the wedding (plus I wanted sapphires) so when I got to Mexico I bought a band but I could have used the e-ring for the ceremony too. It's cute though and I still wear it on the right hand. The plan is to eventually find one that fits my e-ring but since the wedding I'm starting to feel it's not a big deal, i.e. it wouldn't make me happier, so we'll see if that changes. Anyway, to answer your question a band is not necessary.

#4 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Susan101207
          Remind us of what your e-ring looks like.
          I certainly don't think you have to do a WB. Some rings are better alone and a WB would only take away from it.
          I actually got two WBs, one for each side of the E-ring.
          I don't know if this will work....

http://www.shaneco.c....=1487976&emf=y

#5 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            A regular band won't match well with my style of e-ring either. I couldn't find one that fit before the wedding (plus I wanted sapphires) so when I got to Mexico I bought a band but I could have used the e-ring for the ceremony too. It's cute though and I still wear it on the right hand. The plan is to eventually find one that fits my e-ring but since the wedding I'm starting to feel it's not a big deal, i.e. it wouldn't make me happier, so we'll see if that changes. Anyway, to answer your question a band is not necessary.
            Oh...good. I never wanted a band (i'm not much ino jewelry) but a friend of mine said she felt that she was still engaged with just an engagement ring...

so I wasn't sure and the one time we looked we realized I would need it custom made. So I figure if I do want one eventually I can get it but to start I might not need one...

How soon is too soon to start looking??

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:51 PM

I say start looking now if you're already thinking about it. I'm not much into jewelery either. I was against the idea of having to wear an e-ring before I got it (what's wrong with an engagement anklet? lol) but I love and am used to it now. You'll feel engaged and excited to plan your wedding no matter what kind of jewelry you end up with :o)

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

I love your emerald cut e-ring! I can definitely see how that would be difficult to wear w/a band. I think whatever you want to do is fine - I am kind of a jewelry girl, so I waas glad to have a band

#8 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                • VIP Member
                • 2,347 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

hehehe, I actually go FI to agree to 3 rings since I have Swedish heritage!! The E-ring, a wedding band, and the third band symbolizes the family we will form with each other... :)

But I'm in a similar boat---- We haven't seen any bands that really go with the E-ring without doing a custom band. So we're thinking about changing out the band in a couple more months...

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:09 PM

My ring is a round solitare with a thin band. I love the simplicity of it & I don't want to wear a band with it. I also wanted a really thin band because I don't like wearing rings. I don't want to double the thickness by adding a band.

What do you do during the ceremony? Take off the e-ring?

#10 dragonfly

dragonfly
                    • 1,820 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

I really wanted a wedding band, I had my band custom made to match my ring. I am not a jewellery person, so I was surprised how important a wedding band is to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users