Dreams Questions - previous brides please help

I really like Dreams resorts and think it would be a great place for our wedding. The problem is that there are 3 resorts they offer in the DR. I have looked through some of the threads and everyone's weddings looked beautiful and had great things to say about their Dreams Wedding.

But I really don't understand the difference between the resorts.... if there is a difference. Are they all around the same size? Are all of the wedding packages the same at each place? Can you hear the planes from the airport coming in at the resorts near Punta Cana International? We are looking for a place with blue water and a nice beach.

Previous brides... which resort did you choose and why? Sorry if this has already been asked (I'm sure it has some where that I haven't found yet lol). Thank you all in advance for your input!

We got married at Dreams Punta Cana. The beach is not the greatest right infront of the resort is not the greatest, but to the left it is nicer. I can send you beach pics if you would like. I did hear that D. palm beach has a nicer beach, but I haven't been there and not sure about La Romana either..

The hotel was at capacity when we were there apparently and you'd never know it.. it's pretty big, has a huge pool and lots of chairs.

We chose this resort as our neighbours had stayed there and raved about it and their kids program.

Well, my fiance and I chose Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana. Our wedding is on November 23, 2010. I'm not sure how much help this will be, but this is what made us choose DPB (dreams palm beach) instead of the other Dreams resorts.

Punta Cana apparently has the most beautiful beaches in the Dominican. So that narrowed it down to either Dreams or Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana. Dreams Palm Beach is newly renovated, and the rooms/restaurants look stunning! The rooms as Dreams Punta Cana aren't as modern (although the swim up rooms sound amazing). The wedding packages, as far as I can tell, are the same no matter which resort you choose.

When my fiance and I were going to wedding shows and talking to travel agents (especially those who specialize in destination weddings), they all said that Melani, the wedding coordinator at Dreams Palm Beach was amazing, and made your wedding day stress free. The wedding coordinator at Dreams Punta Cana wasn't thought of so highly, and everyone said Dreams Palm Beach is a much better choice.

We've been talking to Melani for months now, and she always responds super fast, and answers any questions we've had (no matter how stupid). She has been a tremendous help!

So... hope that helps a little!

Vanessa

I have chose the Dreams La Romana. I also may not be of much help since I am going getting married until May 7, 2010.

My FI and I chose DLR for its beach, good snorkeling right off the beach and there is a PADI Dive shop on site. I will let you know what they are like; but I have heard they are fantastic.

Tiara is the wedding coordinator there and I have found that she is pretty good. Some responses take up to a couple weeks to hear back, which can be frustrating (I am always so excited to get a response). The best way to get all your questions answered in an email is to number them each with their own line. I have heard other good reviews about her from other BDW members.

Hope this helps.

jerzshortstuff, I too am in the same boat as you are about choicing what Dreams resort. We are also considering Melia..its wedding package is similar to Dreams and is supposed to be a beautiful resort. As far as DPC and DPB i also have been told that DPB is more modern and also closer to the airport (20 min) compared to DPC 1 hour and DPB. Both resorts are priced the same but i think the areas that are offered at each, for ceremony and reception sites differ.

The distance from the airport was one of the negatives for me after choosing DPC. Not sure about why there would be any negative comments on the WC, as I always had prompt responses from mine. People need to keep in mind that there are weddings going on everyday, all day and that the WC aren't always sitting infront of their computers all day. SOme of the rooms do need to be updated, for sure DPB is a lot nicer, not sure about DLR.

My husband and I just got back from our wedding at DPB and it was amazing. You chose right! The beach is amazing, white, sandy, goes on for miles! Melani is absolutly AMAZING. She is personable, kind, reassuring, very organized and calm! She made our day fantastic! We went to DLR for our honeymoon and really missed DPB, the beach wasn't as nice, and neither were the bathrooms in the preffered club! The photo's were amazing at DPB too, with such a gorgous background. We used HDC photography, they were fantastic.

Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
My husband and I just got back from our wedding at DPB and it was amazing. You chose right! The beach is amazing, white, sandy, goes on for miles! Melani is absolutly AMAZING. She is personable, kind, reassuring, very organized and calm! She made our day fantastic! We went to DLR for our honeymoon and really missed DPB, the beach wasn't as nice, and neither were the bathrooms in the preffered club! The photo's were amazing at DPB too, with such a gorgous background. We used HDC photography, they were fantastic.

Sarah
Thanks! I am definitely leaning more towards DPB. Did you find the preferred club worth the extra cost?

I've got some pics up on our FB page of all 3 Dreams resorts now if you want to check them out. Decor/room-wise, DPB and DLR are very similar. The deluxe rooms at DPC are small compared to the entry rooms at the other two. But the jr suites at DPC have the jacuzzis on the balconies. DPC has a nice outside terrace areas for receptions. All have great beach wedding areas. The oceanfront gazebo at DLR is probably one of the most private areas (meaning not alot of onlookers lurking about). I found the beach at DLR the most crowded and not as nice as the other two. Preferred Club is worth it for the extra amenities. Room-wise nothing really different (at DLR it's literally one side of the hall is deluxe, the other side is pc deluxe).

As for my opinion on WC, Melanie is my fave. What's her name at DPC wink.gif(Deyanira is it?) is friendly and ok. None of my brides have issues with them over there so I rarely have to get involved (which is why I'm not sure who is there now...Miguelina used to be very sweet tho). Tiara has always been my least fave and in the last few days is at the top of my sh*t list. Not nice at all via email or in person (I can only pray she's nicer to the brides when they are there).