did ur paper parasol break?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 purpleshells

purpleshells
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hi,

I ordered a satin ivory parasol, but it is more on the gold side... Now I am thinking of just simply buying a paper parasol but am worried that it will not last very long with the wind on the island.....

did any fo you brides have one? did it last? for how long?? throughout the entire photo shoot,including TTD

thanks girls!

#2 Kits55

Kits55
    • 607 posts
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

I had paper parasols for the ceremony but it was so insanely windy on the beach (basically everyone was being sandblasted during the entire ceremony) that I decided not to use them. We also did not use them for the TTD because we were in a cenote.

If it's too windy you won't want to open the parasols at all or they'll only last as long as it takes the wind to catch them. If it's only a gentle breeze you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

It was windy/breezy on my wedding day, but the parasols that we had were really good quality and I think could have withheld some wind. The paper was really heavy duty.

#4 mlabbe

mlabbe
      • 784 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

That's a really good question! I'm worried about it breaking in transport to the resort!

#5 purpleshells

purpleshells
        • 338 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:20 PM

where did you get your parasol Carly?

#6 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

I bought mine at Luna Bazaar. I can't find the exact one there anymore, but this is similar to the ones I bought.
            Gilded Mango Orange Mehendi Henna Design 28 Inch SAA Paper Parasol

Then I also bought some cheaper ones from Oriental Trading, I think, I can't remember. They were like a silky material. But the paper ones were nicer, I thought...

#7 Sloan

Sloan
            • 1,279 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Just a heads up Purpleshells -- I don't think Luna Bazaar or Oriental Trading ship to Canada. I got my parasols from WeddingFavours.ca It's an Ontario based company. I loved my parasols and they made it home from our wedding intact.

#8 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
              • 762 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Click the image to open in full size.We used parasols during our wedding and they held up through the ceremony but it wasn't overly windy that day (don't get me wrong here though I did have to get my veil out of my face multiple times!!) I got them from here Save on Crafts, Wedding Supplies, Flowers, Tulle, Lights, Decorations & Discount Craft Supplies Save-on-crafts and they have colored sand for sand ceremonies too!!

#9 purpleshells

purpleshells
                • 338 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

thx Sloan for the heads up! I just got mine from wedding favours.ca :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users