Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Romine

Question to Other Photographers

Recommended Posts

Anyone hear ever shoot at the Grand Riviera Princess in Riviera Maya? Anything out of the ordinary or unusual about the resort or staff that would be helpful to know as a photographer? Photographer to photographer type stuff. We just booked a Nov '10 wedding there and I've never shoot there. From photos on their site it looks pretty straight forward but none the less I thought I would ask.

 

Thanks,

mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we will be staying there.

 

Anything cool within 15-30 minutes driving time that has a real local flavor? Ruins, local shops, abandoned anything? I'm not super big on the resort look but we may be relegated to staying on the resort premises.

 

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mark! I too was there in November.

The resort is really nice and has a LOT of photo opportunities. The resort is huge though. It takes awhile to walk from one end to the other. So having an assistant will definitely be a good thing.

As for offsite locations, that's going to be tougher within the driving range that you posted. 15-20 minutes will get you to Playa Del Carmen... which is awesome. However depending on what time of day you go it'd be crowded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. Good luck!

If you travel further, then you'll definitely find that. It's where I recommend my brides do TTD sessions... but it's a good hour away.

The area near Playa is just too commercialized. I do know there are some ruins near there that are not restricted like the ones in Tulum. However, I could not tell you where they are.

 

How far in advance will you be flying out there? You could do some exploring up and down the coast and you'll probably find what you're looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
How far in advance will you be flying out there? You could do some exploring up and down the coast and you'll probably find what you're looking for.
The day before at about noon so we will have some time in the afternoon. Just hoping to get some real Mexico instead of the resort look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, when you get there, head straight to the beach. Going north, so you'll turn right, I know there were some huts with people selling stuff. You'll have to walk a little ways though, so make sure it's okay with your B&G.

But the bright colors from the ladie's hut on the beach would be beautiful in photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Romine View Post
Anyone hear ever shoot at the Grand Riviera Princess in Riviera Maya? Anything out of the ordinary or unusual about the resort or staff that would be helpful to know as a photographer? Photographer to photographer type stuff. We just booked a Nov '10 wedding there and I've never shoot there. From photos on their site it looks pretty straight forward but none the less I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
mark
Mark,

I think I recognize you from the DWF forum. Anyway I hope you got the info you needed. If I can be of any help just give me a call. I am headed down this week, also my inlaws have a place down there so I am familiar with the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Andrew:

 

Thanks for the offer! Yes, I'm a DWF member although I don't spend much time there anymore my membership is still active for at least a few more months.

 

When we get closer to the date I may have a few more comments for you.

 

Thanks again for the offer.

 

mark

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomsArePeopleToo View Post
Mark,

 

I think I recognize you from the DWF forum. Anyway I hope you got the info you needed. If I can be of any help just give me a call. I am headed down this week, also my inlaws have a place down there so I am familiar with the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×