10 Things Every DW Bride Should Know From the Get Go

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#31 chipotle99

• 311 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:49 AM

OMG! I wish I had read this from the very beginning! Soooo true! Thanks for the great post!

#32 HereFishie

• 386 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:15 AM

Oh I love this!! Perfect! Now... just to get my darling FH to read it. Who knew I'd have a GROOM-zilla!

#33 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

TA Maureen, thank you so much for all of your advice and information. It is truly appreciated. Just this morning I was thinking about how good it would be to have a list of mandatory things I should know about attempting to plan a DW, and then I find this post. Thanks a bunch!
        BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#34 ~Crista-Lee~

• 329 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

Wow! This is an awesome list. When in doubt, in a panic or frustrated with my WC, I'll have to refer back to this. Thanks so much!

#35 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

Maureen, you are in a word, AMAZING!!!

This is a frank, TRUTHFUL rundown of what it REALLY is to have, or be planning, a destination wedding and I think a lot of brides-to-be should be required to read this before deciding if a DW is the right choice for them!! I think a lot of headaches and heartache could be spared if EACH POTENTIAL DW COUPLE reads your beautifully written "Be Forewarned" style post about the extreme highs and crushing lows that can result in deciding to get married away from home -- KUDOS TO YOU!!!

You are a force of nature. THANK YOU for reiterating what I know I will have to deal with (and for knowing what I've faced already since we announced our intentions) on my path to my dream wedding -- which is a DW, come hell or high water! :) Beautifully done!

#36 MichelleS

• 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the tips....Loved the way you explained everything!!!

#37 Diva

• 682 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

I LOVE IT!! One more vote for sticky...

#38 mekanabr

• 537 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for the great tips Maureen!!!!

#39 sweetluna

• 183 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

totally puts everything into perspective! You totally called in on the family/friends bailing with uncreative excuses! We went from 30 people FOR SURE to about 12 people "saying" they are coming, only 5 have actually put down a deposit.

#40 tracy0716

• 431 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

I love this list!! I nodded and laughed at each point because they were so true. I even shared them with my mom and she got a good laugh too. We're dealing with the bogus excuses right now and all of the unwanted criticism for having a DW. If our friends and family only knew I'm in the mindset that as long as FI and I are there with our parents that's all the matters. Thanks again for posting this list, it's so true!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users