Photo

Flight Prices to Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Hey ladies! I haven't seen a thread on this so I apologize if there is one already. What is everyone paying or planning on paying for their flights to Jamaica (MBJ)?

We are flying out of Chicago and I have been told to plan on spending $300-$400. Is that accurate?

Also, for those of you that were able to negotiate a group rate, what airline was/is that with and what was/is the discount?

Thanks for the info!!
    Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#2 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
    • 260 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BeachBride83
      Hey ladies! I haven't seen a thread on this so I apologize if there is one already. What is everyone paying or planning on paying for their flights to Jamaica (MBJ)?

We are flying out of Chicago and I have been told to plan on spending $300-$400. Is that accurate?

Also, for those of you that were able to negotiate a group rate, what airline was/is that with and what was/is the discount?

Thanks for the info!!
      I've meaning to ask as well what are the flight/airline options from the Chicago area? I need to fly my photographer(Heather Parker) out from there and I'm not sure what's available, since I've read on here that Air J shut down the Chicago hub!

Thanks in advance!

CHAKLIT
      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#3 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
      • 196 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for the info!!

It looks like Spirit Airlines might also fly direct?
        Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#4 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
        • 196 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

Oh ok-I missed that! It looks like they are pretty inexpensive. We will see what prices look like when flights come out for next May. :)

#5 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
          • 196 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

Ok, maybe you shouldn't book on Spirit!

Consumer complaints about Spirit Air
            My3cents.com - Spirit Airlines complaints and reviews

#6 lmuze

lmuze
            • 457 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

My photographer is flying from Chicago and I have been following prices daily since November last year on kayak.com and $300 - $420 seem about right price. When you consider flights remember that some airlines charge for checked luggage even though Jamaica is an international destination. American & Delta don't charge for the first 2 luggage pieces but USAirways charges for luggage, $23 online or $25 if you check luggage at the airport for the first bag and $32 or 35 for the second luggage. It's something to consider when you are making your booking.

#7 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
              • 1,047 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

Spirit also charges for luggage and seat assignments!

#8 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
                • 196 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

Interesting!! Glad I asked! I would have seen the cheap rate and booked not knowing any better.

#9 negrilbridetoo

negrilbridetoo
                  • 180 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Air Tran flight directly to Montego Bay however, you have to pay for your seats and checked bags! They really nickel and dime you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users