Photo

How much are you spending on photos?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
  • 914 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

I think we are skipping the photography. All of the leads that we had that would fit in our budget have ended up not working out. Since I'm unemployed and FI is just now finishing school we don't have any real income.

#42 Diva

Diva
    • 682 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

O nooo!! I hope something comes up for you soon Brandi! I know the market is tough...

#43 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
      • 342 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

3,500 for husband and wife team,e-pics, wedding day, they threw in trash the dress, DVD and rights to all photos, we paid to fly them out plus room and board. Their prices have gone up since but it was well worth it for someone you trust and love their work!
        One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#44 ML23

ML23
        • 33 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

I`m paying $4300, photos are extremely important to me. We get the full wedding day coverage, a TTD the day after, and we plan on taking our guests on an excursion which the photographer will also shoot photos of our guests enjoying themselves on the catamaran, beach, and snorkeling - oh, and we get 2 photographers! :)
          ***I'm so happy with my photos from EnVogue Photography!!!!! ***

#45 Island Bride

Island Bride
          • 330 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:28 AM

hmm.. I'm starting to think im getting ripped off! Im getting married in south florida and the photog lives about 30 min from my location so no travel fees and I'm paying $5,000 for 7 hours! 6 hours the day of the wedding and 1 the next day for our TTD. There will be two photog's there, but not at my request. I get like a dvd and an album with 100 pictures, but still.. doesnt this seem expensive? Some of these girls on this forum are paying for travel costs and its STILL cheaper than what I'm paying. Guess its too late now to complain, I already booked her :/

#46 debbmach

debbmach
            • 1,457 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

We're paying $1900 for the photography coverage on the wedding day, the TTD, a coffee table book, a slideshow and all the digital prints, she's not charging me her travel expenses!
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#47 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
              • 1,114 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:41 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Island Bride
                hmm.. I'm starting to think im getting ripped off! Im getting married in south florida and the photog lives about 30 min from my location so no travel fees and I'm paying $5,000 for 7 hours! 6 hours the day of the wedding and 1 the next day for our TTD. There will be two photog's there, but not at my request. I get like a dvd and an album with 100 pictures, but still.. doesnt this seem expensive? Some of these girls on this forum are paying for travel costs and its STILL cheaper than what I'm paying. Guess its too late now to complain, I already booked her :/
                If you love their work- don't second guess your choice. We're paying about 5200 for 6 hours wedding (plus her asst, so two photogs) ,she is in the area, but part of her fee is one night at the resort, since she is several hours away- then the resort charges extra for staying only one day.
                Also paying 800 for a diff photog for our TTD- it took me awhile to convince FI to get one so our wedding photog was booked

This was my only non negotiable- as soon as I saw our photogs pics- I wanted her only.
                Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                Non-Pro Pics:
                http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#48 Mere

Mere
                • 729 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:28 AM

I have finally booked Citlalli Rico from Claudia Rodriguez Photography and someone from Cancun Wedding Video. 3 hours for 3K-for photo and video. A chunk, but I hope to be well worth it in the end.

#49 Diva

Diva
                  • 682 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

Who are you using deb
                    We're paying $1900 for the photography coverage on the wedding day, the TTD, a coffee table book, a slideshow and all the digital prints, she's not charging me her travel expenses!

#50 mnh1983

mnh1983
                    • 743 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by angelov321
                      lynn&mnh-

Can you please share who you used as a photog? I havent found anything less than $2000. I thought that was good compared to the other prices Ive seen. LOL
                      Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier!

I'm using a photographer in upstate NY named Robyn Baty. I met with her at her studio and saw a lot of her really awesome photos that she hasn't put on her website. She will be photographing prep time, ceremony, in-between couple shots, and reception. She said she will do whatever I want, and she is actually bringing in a second photographer at no extra cost to get some of the shots I want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users