The official P90X Support Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmacphe View Post
Haha, yes it does! Be prepared to be pretty sore for the first week or 2!
The first week I thought I would die LOL The Sunday stretch was sooooo much needed but it does get easier. I found the biggest challenge was to continue to workout when I was that sore but you really do feel better after working out - much less stiff than before :-)

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
The first week I thought I would die LOL The Sunday stretch was sooooo much needed but it does get easier. I found the biggest challenge was to continue to workout when I was that sore but you really do feel better after working out - much less stiff than before :-)
The video arrived with perfect timing, because I am SO motivated to exercise right now. I know if I can stick to it for a couple of weeks, doing the whole 90 days will be no problem, I just need to make it a part of my routine.

I can't wait to be able to do the planks, prison push ups, etc without falling flat on my face!

I didn't think I was sore today from last nights workout, until I tried to get up after sitting down for a while! LOL

I need some encouragement right now because Im getting really discouraged about my progress. I just started week 5 of P90x and when I took my 30 day measurements I actually GAINED inches :-( I even gained a little weight. I have two explanations for this

1. I am about to start my period and I am usually bloated right before so that could be a reason

2. I am really good about eathing healthy all week and then the weekend gets here and I ruin it. I think my eating habits are negating my hard work

I have 11 weeks until my big day and I desperately need encouragement to keep working. Having the summer off will help since I'll have more time to work out, but I REALLY need to get my diet in check.

(Thanks for letting me vent )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaits View Post
I need some encouragement right now because Im getting really discouraged about my progress. I just started week 5 of P90x and when I took my 30 day measurements I actually GAINED inches :-( I even gained a little weight. I have two explanations for this

1. I am about to start my period and I am usually bloated right before so that could be a reason
2. I am really good about eathing healthy all week and then the weekend gets here and I ruin it. I think my eating habits are negating my hard work

I have 11 weeks until my big day and I desperately need encouragement to keep working. Having the summer off will help since I'll have more time to work out, but I REALLY need to get my diet in check.

(Thanks for letting me vent )
Hey there,
That sucks about your results - but remember it's still pretty early. Do you find you are getting more toned/muscular? Does your body look different? I think it's still relatively early to see major results - so try not to get too discouraged....If you stick to this and try to cut out all the "naughty" stuff (including alcohol unfortunately) - I'm sure you'll notice some changes! I think it really depends on what you are like when you start this program, if you were already pretty fit it may take longer for you to notice much a difference...Hang in there, stick with it (the exercise AND cutting out crap) and I'm sure you will notice changes. BTW - I personally think one little cheat is ok here and there.

I am in my 5th week, and it got so. much. tougher! I love it though, I am really seeing toning results!

kwaits - Has your overall shape started to tone up though? I would be more inclined to "blame" it on your cycle, since I was seeing ab ripper results and then last week had my period and was like "woah, where did that definition go?"

Don't stress it. Tighten up your diet if you have been slacking on it and keep going. Exercise is always a good thing, and it will work soon if it hasn't yet... I promise!! :)

My FI and I just did Day 1 of Week 2. I actually don't mind the workouts but the diet really sucks!!!! We decided we will follow the diet and allow ourselves to eat out one night a week so we don't go crazy!!!! (did I mention we love eating outhuh.gifhuh.gif) I feel like we can't even go out and do anything b/c we can't eat out or have a few drinkssad.gif I am counting down the days until we are done!!!

I am hoping to lose 20 pounds! I lost 3lbs the first week. Is that normal?? My FI lost 4.

I need to go dress shopping at the end of June and I want to look good. Keep up the good work ladies!

Keep up the hard work t1219... it will be so worth it! I lost 30 pounds doing the workouts and kind of following the diet. I know you can as well! Bring it!

Honestly though, it is so hard when our lives revolve around the social aspect of food and drinks. I totally gutted up after the wedding by just eating and drinking everything my little heart desired. I think I was in your boat of just going crazy not eating what I like. But I started weight watchers a couple of weeks ago and have found that just making better choices that follow something like the P90 diet can work just as good and I haven't felt deprived or left out from social gatherings. Basically instead of guzzling 3 or 4 glasses of wine at a dinner, I sip 1 or 2 along with a bunch of water :o)

Happy Monday and have a great work out week everyone!!!

You got it right, Auts :) If you deprive yourself too much for too long, you will end up bingeing (sp) and sabotaging yourself without really intending to! I follow a clean eating lifestyle, with some room for cheats once in a while and it really keeps me on track!!