The official P90X Support Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelie11 View Post
Thanks SJM! How have you done on the program?? What have your results been like? I am following the diet in the book so hopefully I will have great results!
Hey Kelie,

I'm doing the classic program although I'm not doing the diet - just trying eat healthy/balanced meals, and I have essentially no junk food (except rice chips if they count wink.gif). I am on week 9 and I can definitely see a difference - especially in the arms/shoulders and my abs - the legs are harder to tell but I think they are a little more toned. I don't have a scale so I'm not sure if I've changed much in my weight - most of my clothes feel a little looser, so I think I probably lost a bit (may 2-3 lbs).

If you're following the diet and doing all the workouts (and getting enough rest etc) - I'm SURE you will see changes in your body, hard to say how much of a weight change - it really depends on your body type when you start (I think). Keep up the good work and I think it will definitely be worth it when we're all looking great on the beach cheesy.gif.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmacphe View Post
Yay I also finished the Mason twist section for the first time today, becuase of you ladies I decided to try to push it a little harder thanks for the encouragement :)
Awesome job!! Keep up the great work everyone!

Ironically enough, I could always finish the mason twists, which my FI finds amazing! I have a problem with the roll-up v-ups... I can only do about 3 and then I need a break! lol

I am going to truly start the diet tomorrow (I think) and see how it goes... I'm trying to bust through a plateau, so maybe this will help? I have been eating well and everything, but maybe the diet will give me a little extra push :)

Hi ladies! I just got done doing plyo since I got home from work late. What a great way to let out some stress.

I find that sometimes I experience these pretty painful toe cramps when I workout...mostly during yoga. I think part of it stems from walking around in heels all day at work. Does anyone else get these toe cramps at all?! It sounds silly but they hurt...I have to pause my workout to massage or walk them off until they go away. Grr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginalyn View Post
Hi ladies! I just got done doing plyo since I got home from work late. What a great way to let out some stress.

I find that sometimes I experience these pretty painful toe cramps when I workout...mostly during yoga. I think part of it stems from walking around in heels all day at work. Does anyone else get these toe cramps at all?! It sounds silly but they hurt...I have to pause my workout to massage or walk them off until they go away. Grr
Hey Gina, I get them too - especially with calf raises and sneaky lunges, not exactly sure why but I guess there's not much we can do about them. Apparently potassium is supposed to reduce muscle cramps (like bananas)...but I eat one a day usually and still get them...They aren't very fun but I just try to push through it as long as I can possibly stand it - it usually goes away when I shake it out.

I get foot cramps and sometimes think it is from having my shoes too tight. They go away after I walk it off. A couple of years ago I was getting really bad toe cramps and went to the doctor and he suggested a cortizone shot. I thought why not... but holy @#$ did that hurt. Never again, I'd rather deal with the cramps. He also recommended that I wear falts, so I try to stick to cute flats instead of heels nowadays. I hate getting old, but my feet don't cramp or hurt nearly as bad now that I have limited my heel wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmacphe View Post
Yay I also finished the Mason twist section for the first time today, becuase of you ladies I decided to try to push it a little harder thanks for the encouragement :)

Kick ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post
Ironically enough, I could always finish the mason twists, which my FI finds amazing! I have a problem with the roll-up v-ups... I can only do about 3 and then I need a break! lol

I am going to truly start the diet tomorrow (I think) and see how it goes... I'm trying to bust through a plateau, so maybe this will help? I have been eating well and everything, but maybe the diet will give me a little extra push :)
LOL my FI is amazed that I can do all 25 scissors (he can do like 8 but looks like he is in way better shape than me, i dont get it lol). I can't do those V ups! I try and I feel like a little kid when they try to get up from a lying down position- you know when the feet go up in the air? lol I cant do them, so i just do up side up again crunches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginalyn View Post

I'm flat footed and my feet start to hurt when I do legs or arms and I have to stand on my yoga matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
I get foot cramps and sometimes think it is from having my shoes too tight. They go away after I walk it off. A couple of years ago I was getting really bad toe cramps and went to the doctor and he suggested a cortizone shot. I thought why not... but holy @#$ did that hurt. Never again, I'd rather deal with the cramps. He also recommended that I wear falts, so I try to stick to cute flats instead of heels nowadays. I hate getting old, but my feet don't cramp or hurt nearly as bad now that I have limited my heel wearing.
Ow! I hear cortizone shots hurt. I ordered a pair of cute flats for myself last weekend. I hope they come in soon!

I did back and biceps today muscle.gif my left arm is weaker than my right. I need to even out my strength.

Hey ladies,

I just started P90X this week and it's amazing!! I'm only on Day 3 and I feel sore but tight all over and I have more energy. It's a great feeling! I'm excited to see what the results will be after 3 months. I'm not following the diet and using all the recipes right now. I'm just trying to watch what I eat. I have a puppy that I have to walk/run every night too so I figure I'm doing pretty good for burning calories on a daily basis.

I'm doing it to get in shape for wedding dress shopping and the summer. My FI is doing it with me so it's great to have that support. I can't do a chin-up if my life depended on it. I seriously just hung there and tilted my head back. It made me feel like I moved up a bit. LMAO

Questions...

1) Are you doing the lean or classic program? We're doing the classic program.

2) Are you tracking your exercises (how many reps you can do) and your inches? I was thinking I might measure inches since I will be building muscle and I might not see my weight fall very quickly. I usually go by my clothes anyway. It keeps me motivated if my clothes fit better!

Thanks!

Tara