35 replies to this topic

#11 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LALA
    I can't believe none of you are jumping on the Autograph Fiesta Donkey bandwagon!!!! Who doesn't want 5 stuffed donkey's on a shelf?

Click the image to open in full size.

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

I've seen people make a photobook of their engagement pictures (like the kind you order from shutterfly) and have guest sign that.

I really like the coffee table book though. I'm going to look for a cool riviera maya book.

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:29 PM

Aqua Quest: "Cenotes of the Riviera Maya by Steve Gerrard
        Cenotes of the Riviera Maya Home, Steve Gerrard

I only found this one RM coffee table book. Its about snorkeling & diving in the cenotes (sink holes) in RM. It sounds like a great book. I'm still going to look around.

#14 NYJen

NYJen
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jak27
          Jen, we are doing this with a coffee table book I purchase while we were down there a few months ago. It's called "Los Cabos - Baja California Sur" by Claude Vogel Thetion. It's a beautiful book.
          Oh, that book sounds so much better since it's strictly about Cabo. I'll definitely look into it. Thanks so much.

And as much as I LOVE the Autograph Donkey thing, I think I'll pass.

#15 jak27

jak27
          • 715 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

Jen, I can post pictures of the book after our wedding if you're interested (it's wrapped in shrink wrap right now, so I'm keeping it on to protect it) but if you like it, I can pick one up for you when we're in Cabo in November and send it your way. Just FYI for the future.

I don't think I could ever find it on Amazon, so that's why we bought it in Cabo.

#16 NYJen

NYJen
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jak27
              Jen, I can post pictures of the book after our wedding if you're interested (it's wrapped in shrink wrap right now, so I'm keeping it on to protect it) but if you like it, I can pick one up for you when we're in Cabo in November and send it your way. Just FYI for the future.

I don't think I could ever find it on Amazon, so that's why we bought it in Cabo.
              OMG!!! You're the best. Yes, that would be great. Thank you!!!

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

Its about $180 on amazon. How much is it in Mexcio?
                Amazon.com: Los Cabos Baja California Sur: Books: Claude Vogel Thetion

Here is a cheaper book by the same photgrapher
                Amazon.com: Baja California Sur: Books: Eduardo Becerrill Corssen Cecilia Vazquez Vogel,Claude vogel Thetion

#18 jak27

jak27
                • 715 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  OMG, the book was maybe $75 max in Cabo at the Fiesta Americana gift shop, so I figured it was marked up a bit! But $180 is ridiculous! I will check the Costco price when I get to Cabo next time and let yall know!

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

$180 sounds high to me, but I had no idea. Well, now you can feel like you got it for a bargain!

#20 Clussy75

Clussy75
                    • 533 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by akh
                      love that idea - though i can't offer any suggestions for a book. we just did the photo mat for people to sign - then we will put a wedding photo (of the group maybe?) in it to hang
                      I love this idea! I think we just decided on doing this for our wedding. I just don't see us opening a wedding guestbook back up, you know? So having this up somewhere with a group picture puts a lot of sentiment in it and will conjure up sweet memories everytime we see it up.
                      Claudia & Sean
                      11/11/07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users