Photo

Steel Drummer for Ceremony in the Keys

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stina76

stina76
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

Hey! Can anyone recommend a steel drummer in the Islamorada area other than Sir Cedrick or Toby? Those are the two recommendations I got from the Islander and they have not called me back. I was waiting on Sir Cedrick, because I met a girl on another site that used him and said he was really good. I first emailed him in October and he said that he would get back to me in February to see if he would be in the area in July. I have called him back a couple of times now and emailed and have received no response. I have also left a couple of message for Toby (for which I don't have a last name.) So if anyone knows of someone that will get back to me, I would appreciate hearing about them! Thanks!

#2 GeorgiaGal

GeorgiaGal
    • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

I went with James Wist in Key West. I would highly recommend him. I emailed him probably 10 months in advance, he sent me a contract and a cd, I picked the songs and confirmed our contract a month or so b/f the wedding. He was there on time and it was such a neat addition to our wedding. We had him play the steel drums at the ceremony as well as at the coctail hour. Here is his website: Welcome to Key West Calypso He's located in Key West, but his website says he performs throughout the Keys.

Good Luck!

#3 Jennyco116

Jennyco116
      • 115 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

I booked Duane "Bongo D" Scott in Key West and I believe that he travels throughout the Keys.

#4 AllieC

AllieC
        • 34 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

I booked James Wist in Key West also. His website was really professional and he was very prompt so far with emails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users