brides on a budget?!!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 fsuambs

• 154 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:21 AM

Another bride on a budget. Congrats and Welcome!
    Happy Planning, Amber

#12 shae

• 308 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:52 AM

congrats and welcome! i think it's definitely a huge upsell if you choose an all-inclusive resort. make sure you communicate to your guests that the resort includes all food, alcohol and certain activities.

#13 valentinbride

• 31 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

There are much more cheaper places than Cancun! Playa Del Carmen, Tulum, Puerto Morelos...I found an UNBELIEVABLE deal on cheaptickets.com. We are leaving for Mexico in May and I booked everything Sept 2009. An all-inclusive (Valentin Imperial Maya), flights included for two people 12 days for 2900 total!!! Not each! Can't beat that.

#14 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#15 becks1581

• 477 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

Definitely check out flights from your city to the destination. I found that flying into Cancun was so inexpensive from the east coast that it justified a slightly pricier resort for my guests. Even though all-inclusive resorts cost more up front, it definitely saves in the end.

#16 xcitedbride

• 48 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

I guess the main thing is thats its your wedding and ultimately you are the one that has to love it. You will not be able to please everyone. Congrats and Happy Planning!

#17 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum. Happy planning
              Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#18 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

Welcome and congrats! I am also on a budget (who isn't these days)! Where the wedding is concerned I'm finding that prices are negotiable. But as for hotel stays and airfare you just have to keep looking to find a good price

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#19 TLC4Rock

• 473 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

Welcome from one Budget Bride to another!

Keep track of your budget and no matter how exciting the idea sounds. Think about...think about it again then act! :-)

A favor that I found simple and easy to travel are cards that you attach a lottery ticket to $1 $5 whatever you budget allows. place it in a beautiful decorated envelope. It's easy for guest to travel back home with and be a nice fortune. I believe the wording on the card is like "i hope this brings you luck in love" I'll post pics when i finish.

Giving out Passport covers and luggage tags & thanks for booking card as soon as they book. Of course I am going to deliver as many as I can some I will have to mail.

OOT bags...not sure yet.

decorations....they will be simple and I am sure I can do 90% of them myself! :-0

Everything else is on travel, accommodations and what ever essentials for the ceremony and reception.

I will have more details on my blog and as soon as I get time I will post pictures.

#20 simba1234

• 179 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

My advice - Research and negotiate EVERYTHING and don't be afraid to do so. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is negotiable. I have not paid the first cost I was quoted on anything...

If I paid what everyone originally asked for I would have paid about $7K more than I'm actually paying. In other words, I was able to save about $7k.

I negotiated the guest hotel rate, the reception fee, cost of food & liquor, DJ, Flowers, transportation/Limos, decoration, Photographer (and I thought this was going to be tough because she's an award winning photojournalist I'm flying in...but I got her to come down a couple of hundred bucks and still throw in some extra free pictures and extra hours of photography)....

and the list goes on. Don't take anything at face value. They ALWAYS inflate the prices because they expect you to negotiate. So don't feel bad doing so because if you pay the first price they throw out, then you're putting extra money in their pockets unnecessarily.

Good luck & happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users