Ring Appraisal??

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

My ring was appraised for a couple grand more than what my FI paid for it. If yours was appraised at $1,000 less than what your Fi paid I think you may want to go back to the jewelers again. It shouldn't be appraised at a lesser value than what he purchased it for.
    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#32 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

I agree with the other posters, there is something fishy with that purchase if it appraised for less than what he paid. I hope that you are able to get some satisfaction from that jeweler. Also, I would NOT rely on an appraisal from the same place that you purchase the ring or other piece of jewelery. In my opinion unless the diamond came from Tiffany's I wouldn't trust the appraisal from the same store. They could write the appraisal for whatever they want..if you go to an independent appraiser the value might be more accurate because they don't have a vested interest in the jewelery. Good luck..and don't slap that jeweler please :)
      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#33 cathyandchin

• 294 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:44 AM

If my ring didn't come from a store where can I get it appraised at? Does your homeowner's cover it if it's damaged or lost outside of the home?
        Sorry to sound so ignorant!

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users