Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Princess402

December 2010 Brides!

Recommended Posts

Hey Breeze-welcome!

 

I sent out e-save the dates from our wedding website. I never said formal invitation to follow, but I'm going to do either the passport or boarding passes. I'm thinking about doing the boarding passes and then making the passport as either a pre-travel guide or a welcome book. I haven't really decided. You should think about sending something since you announced it. You could always order some inexpensive ones from Vistaprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by msglave View Post

 

Hey Breeze-welcome!

 

I sent out e-save the dates from our wedding website. I never said formal invitation to follow, but I'm going to do either the passport or boarding passes. I'm thinking about doing the boarding passes and then making the passport as either a pre-travel guide or a welcome book. I haven't really decided. You should think about sending something since you announced it. You could always order some inexpensive ones from Vistaprint.

 

Ya, I think you're right. Just have to get off my butt and do it. Problem is I spent so much time doing my STDs, they were really nice, and everyone keeps referring to them as my invites...lol, maybe went overboard?

 

So now I feel the invites have to be even nicer... and I'd much rather be DIYing something else LOL.

 

I think I'm just going to make it my project for this long weekend coming. Just get it done!! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys! So I buckled down and did it! The wedding invites are ALMOST done. I'm a graphic desinger so designing them myself wasn't too bad. I'm just really picky and hate doing the math for the measurements of invites/pocketfolds/envelopes/RSVP inserts/etc. LOL

 

I probebly wont post a pic of my invites bc I want to save it for my planning thread. hehe I know I'm evil.

 

BUT Here's some pics of my STDs to hold you over ;)

 

DSC03358.JPG

 

DSC03359.JPG

 

DSC03359_std.jpg

 

DSC03369.JPG

 

DSC03364.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post



 

Ya, I think you're right. Just have to get off my butt and do it. Problem is I spent so much time doing my STDs, they were really nice, and everyone keeps referring to them as my invites...lol, maybe went overboard?

 

So now I feel the invites have to be even nicer... and I'd much rather be DIYing something else LOL.

 

I think I'm just going to make it my project for this long weekend coming. Just get it done!! :D
 


I had the exact same "problem"! People were raving about my boarding pass STDs and my fiance kept joking "and those are just the save the dates!!!". More recently when I said I was working on invitations, people looked genuinely confused and said "there's more?!?". Yeah I definitely felt the pressure to make my invites just as good or better. I did passport invites and almost gave up and just did simple invites half way through designing them (I'm a student and was just SO busy at the time), but literally this expectation kept me tied to the passport idea - people would have been disappointed otherwise, lol!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post

 

 

 

I had the exact same "problem"! People were raving about my boarding pass STDs and my fiance kept joking "and those are just the save the dates!!!". More recently when I said I was working on invitations, people looked genuinely confused and said "there's more?!?". Yeah I definitely felt the pressure to make my invites just as good or better. I did passport invites and almost gave up and just did simple invites half way through designing them (I'm a student and was just SO busy at the time), but literally this expectation kept me tied to the passport idea - people would have been disappointed otherwise, lol!

 

 

Good for you for getting it done! Sounds like you have an insane schedule! I actually postponed my schooling until after the wedding cuz I already work full time and have my own part time business and with school part time too I was sooo busy. I knew for this fall semester, I was going to take a break and focus on the wedding! Hahaha I still have years and years of school to do anyways so an extra semester off wasn't gonna screw me over. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Girls,

 

     I just finish sending my invitations to all my guest. I did boarding passes. It was a lot of work. It took my fiancee and I making them like 4 days we where really tired but we where really happy at the end with the result. People kept on asking us where did u get that idea from lol.... Thanks for every one in destination wedding we got ideas here and there. I wanted to share with you guys our invites.etsy-7.jpg

etsy-6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breeze616 you did a great job with your save the date invitations. I love your envelops so creative. Also thank you girls I am glad u guys like them I know its hard to plan a wedding, attend school and work at the same time. But our weddings are getting closer :) Getting excited how about you guys? I still need so many more things to do. My next mission is to find flower girl's dress. Last week my bridesmaids got their dress. It feels so good starting to get stuff done :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×