Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Princess402

December 2010 Brides!

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone good to see other December brides! I wasn't sure if there was a thread or not! I am getting married at Azul Sensatori on December 11th. If it makes you guys feel better I'm just getting my Save the Dates out! I feel so behind...shots.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkf1046 View Post
Hey everyone good to see other December brides! I wasn't sure if there was a thread or not! I am getting married at Azul Sensatori on December 11th. If it makes you guys feel better I'm just getting my Save the Dates out! I feel so behind...shots.gif
Aw don't feel bad! Some people throw weddings together in six months and others (like me) languish over it for two years!!!

Have you got a dress yet? I've been doing a lot of dress shopping lately to try and cross that off my list soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey december brides! I have a quick question as i haven't booked my wedding yet - but it will be either late december or early january 2011. Do any of you know when the sun sets at that time of year in Cancun/Mayan Riv area? I can't figure out what time to set the wedding for as i'd like it to be during the day but i would also like to have pics after the cermony and some at sunset with fireworks at the reception or cocktail hour. I am thinking maybe 2 or 3pm for the ceremony. Any help you can provide would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies!! I am another December bride. Our wedding is December 13th in Riviera Maya. So far I have my dress, his suit, a couple things for our OOT bags, some gifts for the bridesmaides, and we found my MOB dress. We are in the process of booking a photographer right now. We sent out our save the dates back in January and just ordered our invitations which we hope to send out by the end of June.

 

Its so nice to see other December brides!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey fellow December Brides. We're getting married on Dec. 11 at Paradisus Punta Cana, we've booked our room and flights and we've had 6 couples book so far. We sent website STD's out in March. Our invitation are planned to be mailed some time next week, (fingers crossed) we decided to send them early to remind people to start booking and give them a deadline. I found my dress about a month ago and that's really where we are. We're still working on a photographer, but for now we're holding off on a lot of the remaining planning until we have a better idea of how many people are going. The numbers have changed drastically from when we first started telling people about a DW, now people who were all about it and saying they won't make it because the time of year is bad from them...we've finally reached the point that no time of year works for anyone so oh well.

 

I can't help but wonder why people get so selfish about weddings. It's been very interesting so far to see who's supportive and helpful and who complains and makes things more complicated...

 

Good luck brides, hope you're enjoying the journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhi View Post
hey december brides! I have a quick question as i haven't booked my wedding yet - but it will be either late december or early january 2011. Do any of you know when the sun sets at that time of year in Cancun/Mayan Riv area? I can't figure out what time to set the wedding for as i'd like it to be during the day but i would also like to have pics after the cermony and some at sunset with fireworks at the reception or cocktail hour. I am thinking maybe 2 or 3pm for the ceremony. Any help you can provide would be great!
There are a number of websites that list the sunrise/sunset times for Cancun, here's one: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&afl=-11&day=1

My ceremony is at 3pm. I am just really hoping that we get started on time cause I want to be able to get in lots of pics before the sun sets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriztie707 View Post
Hi Ladies!! I am another December bride. Our wedding is December 13th in Riviera Maya. So far I have my dress, his suit, a couple things for our OOT bags, some gifts for the bridesmaides, and we found my MOB dress. We are in the process of booking a photographer right now. We sent out our save the dates back in January and just ordered our invitations which we hope to send out by the end of June.

Its so nice to see other December brides!
Sounds like you've got everything on track. Ordering my dress and finishing my invitations are next on my list, and then I will feel some relief (well maybe for a couple months anyways!). Who are you booking for photography?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I am also a December 2010 bride. I am getting married at the Sun Valley Resort, in Idaho. It's my and FI's version of paradise =) We have sent out STD's, invitations just came in but need to be assembeled, half the decor, we have a photographer, dress, 3 of 5 BM dresses...all sorts of stuff. I feel behind...but then I remember we still have 6 months! Happy planning to you all! It was great reading all the stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one who's getting married this December and has been engaged for what my family calls "forever" and am also still in school.

We got engaged Feb 7, 2009 and set December 1st, 2010 as our wedding date with the hope that I'd be able to finish my PhD thesis before then, but the wonders of biology, it's just not going to happen.

 

We got our STDs out and website up and running last November as we wanted to give people time to save. Unfortunately even with all that time, there's still a few people who just aren't going to make it. Guess that's just the way it goes with DW and I agree that it's always amazing to find out who really supports your decisions and who will find every excuse in the book why they can't come.

 

As for planning, I finally got my dress ordered May 13th, and we've currently got 28 people including us booked. Now it's a matter of figuring out what FI is wearing and designing our rings this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna69z View Post
Hi All,

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one who's getting married this December and has been engaged for what my family calls "forever" and am also still in school.
We got engaged Feb 7, 2009 and set December 1st, 2010 as our wedding date with the hope that I'd be able to finish my PhD thesis before then, but the wonders of biology, it's just not going to happen.

We got our STDs out and website up and running last November as we wanted to give people time to save. Unfortunately even with all that time, there's still a few people who just aren't going to make it. Guess that's just the way it goes with DW and I agree that it's always amazing to find out who really supports your decisions and who will find every excuse in the book why they can't come.

As for planning, I finally got my dress ordered May 13th, and we've currently got 28 people including us booked. Now it's a matter of figuring out what FI is wearing and designing our rings this summer.
We did the same thing. We were engaged January 1, 2009 and are planning the wedding for December 11, 2010. One of the reasons was so that I could finish my dissertation. We gave everyone a heads up but we will have people who can't make it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×