Site Visit Suggestions

Hello,

I am going to a site visit in 9 days!! Woohoo!

We will be staying at the Azul Sensatori and will check out 3 other resorts during our 4 night stay. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest some good questions I should ask the Wedding Coordinators? Anything in particular I should check out at each hotel?

Thanks I appreciate it!!!

We are, unfortunately, not going to be able to do a site visit, but here are some questions off the top of my head that I feel would be pertinent:

Review the actual venues

Review "rainy day" venues (can't control the weather)

Rooms/ammenities

What decorations are included

I'm sure there are a zillion others! Have fun and good luck!

hi

Here were mine when we went last year:

Rooms--do we and/or the guests get upgraded because of the wedding? If guests are not staying at the resort, is there a fee for the day of the wedding (daypass)?

Private Functions--how can we do a welcome dinner, rehersal dinner, farewell brunch? Do we reserve tables at a restaurant or do we pay per person for a private event?

Photography--how long does it last, can we see examples of photogs work, how much is an extra hour? can we ask for specific shots (first kiss, ring exchange, etc)? When do we get the pics back?

Music--what is included with the dj (dance floor, lighting)? is there music playing before ceremony (while guests are being seated)? do you provide a sound system for the ceremony (incase its hard to hear over the wind/waves)?

Flowers--what is included in the package? when/how do i pick the bouquets? when are they delivered? can you design my bouquet from an inspiration pic?

Ceremony--What is the wording? is it in spanish or english? can we change the wording or make our own? can people hear the ceremony at the location we choose (sound system)? is the location closed off or can other resort guests come and go as they please? how is the site decorated..flowers, flowy fabric, what type of chairs are used?

Reception--What is on the menu? Can we change or modify items? Do we do a tasting? Can we choose the cake flavor, decoration, style? What locations are available for the reception? How is it decorated (flowers, lighting, table linens, centerpieces)? How many people per table/logistics? Where are the bathrooms? Is this a private area..wedding guests only?

Beauty--What are the spa prices? Do we get a group/bridal discount? How far in advance to we schedule appointments? how many girls can you accomodate at a time?

Wedding Package--can we exchange things (no video for extra photog time, etc)? do we get credit for things we dont use? can we bring outside vendors? is there a fee for this?

RAIN PLAN--Make sure they SHOW you the different location options you can use if it rains. This was a deciding factor when we where choosing between 2 resorts!!!

Hope this helps :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
hi

Here were mine when we went last year:

Rooms--do we and/or the guests get upgraded because of the wedding? If guests are not staying at the resort, is there a fee for the day of the wedding (daypass)?

Private Functions--how can we do a welcome dinner, rehersal dinner, farewell brunch? Do we reserve tables at a restaurant or do we pay per person for a private event?

Photography--how long does it last, can we see examples of photogs work, how much is an extra hour? can we ask for specific shots (first kiss, ring exchange, etc)? When do we get the pics back?

Music--what is included with the dj (dance floor, lighting)? is there music playing before ceremony (while guests are being seated)? do you provide a sound system for the ceremony (incase its hard to hear over the wind/waves)?

Flowers--what is included in the package? when/how do i pick the bouquets? when are they delivered? can you design my bouquet from an inspiration pic?

Ceremony--What is the wording? is it in spanish or english? can we change the wording or make our own? can people hear the ceremony at the location we choose (sound system)? is the location closed off or can other resort guests come and go as they please? how is the site decorated..flowers, flowy fabric, what type of chairs are used?

Reception--What is on the menu? Can we change or modify items? Do we do a tasting? Can we choose the cake flavor, decoration, style? What locations are available for the reception? How is it decorated (flowers, lighting, table linens, centerpieces)? How many people per table/logistics? Where are the bathrooms? Is this a private area..wedding guests only?

Beauty--What are the spa prices? Do we get a group/bridal discount? How far in advance to we schedule appointments? how many girls can you accomodate at a time?

Wedding Package--can we exchange things (no video for extra photog time, etc)? do we get credit for things we dont use? can we bring outside vendors? is there a fee for this?

RAIN PLAN--Make sure they SHOW you the different location options you can use if it rains. This was a deciding factor when we where choosing between 2 resorts!!!

Hope this helps :)

Wow so helpful!! THANKS!

I just made a list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsmomtx View Post
We are, unfortunately, not going to be able to do a site visit, but here are some questions off the top of my head that I feel would be pertinent:

Review the actual venues
Review "rainy day" venues (can't control the weather)
Rooms/ammenities
What decorations are included

I'm sure there are a zillion others! Have fun and good luck!
Thanks!! Good ideas!!

Oh boy, I've been meaning to upload my site visit questions sheet but here is an excerpt. We had a blank set of questions for each hotel, along w/ our little clipboard. They must have hated us! haha

Dont forget to review their packages closely and push back on items you think are too expensive. Also, dont forget to take lots of PICTURES!

Of course, we tailored our questions based on the information we had for each hotel but this could serve as a primer.

Planners

• How long have you been a wedding planner? How many weddings have you overseen?
  • Have you ever seen a wedding through a storm? What did you do?
  • Will you be present on the wedding day? Do you work with anyone else? Who is your supervisor in case of emergencies?
  • Would your role include directing people from cocktail to the people to dinner, etc?
  • Whowould take your role in case of illness/emergency?

Reception facilities

• What are the room/area options for reception?
  • What is the maximum capacity of each reception area?
  • Is there a fee to rent any area?
  • How late can the reception go in each reception area?
  • What is the rain plan?
  • At what point in time can the reception be moved inside in case of rain? Days or hours before?
  • Is there air conditioning in the reception area? If outdoors, is there air conditioning nearby?
  • What does the physical set up look like?
  • Where will dance floor go?
  • Where is the cake and coffee placed?
  • Where does the place card table go?
  • How many people can dance floor accommodate?
  • Where is the DJ set up?
  • How is the DJ moved indoors if we need to change location after a certain hour?
  • Where is the bathroom for the reception? Is it private for wedding guests only? Have hotel guests ever intruded on party?
  • Will you provide an area for the bridal party to relax?
  • Will there be any other receptions (wedding or other) during our wedding?

Pictures

• Where on the hotel grounds do couples typically take pictures?
  • Do you have photos we could view?

Decor

• What décor comes with the reception? How flexible are you with décor?
  • Can we provide our own decorations?
  • What kind of lighting options are available?
  • How much do extra items cost? (e.g., colored linens, lights under tables, etc.)
  • What types of tables are available (rectangle, square, round)?
  • What are your tableware choices, chairs, plates, table linen, etc?
  • Would the hotel put out place cards and favors as well?
  • Do you have pictures of different decorations/wedding set ups we can view?

Servers

• What is the staff to guest ratio?
  • How many servers during the cocktail hour? How many servers are there per table the day of the reception? Who coordinates/ manages the servers?
  • What do the servers wear? Are they full time hotel employees or contractors?
  • In what order are the tables served (i.e., is there enough staff to serve everyone at once or do waiters go in phases)?
  • Is there a service fee for going late?
  • Does the fee include service tip?
  • Are there any additional fees we have not discussed?

Transportation

• What transportation do the couple and guests typically use to get to the church (if applicable)?
  • Can you provide transportation to/from the church?
  • Are there taxis available for guests who do not stay at hotel?

Other

• Do you have a backup generator in case electricity goes out? How does it work?

Food

•Set up

• Is the reception area set up prior to the cocktail hour or during?
  • Do you provide glasses for champagne toast? Is this an extra cost?
  • How far in advance is the food prepared? To order? 1 hour?
•Reception dinner menu
  • What are the courses for a 3 course meal? Is the first course a full appetizer or salad?
  • Do you have childrens menu? How much would those meals be?
  • Can you offer special order meals (vegetarian, peanut free) at no extra cost?
  • Are there any foods in season that might be cheaper/better to use in dishes?
•Cake
  • What cake options do you provide (do you have "fake" filler cake options)?
  • Is there a cake cutting fee in addition to the purchase of the cake?
•Other
  • How experienced is the chef? Will he be here a year from now?
  • Do we need to order food for the on site vendors (photographer, band) or does the chef usually prepare extra meals at no charge?

Bar

•Cost

• What are the package options for bar service for the reception? For the cocktail hour?
  • What liquor/beer does each option include?
  • What is the rate for children? What age is the cutoff?
  • Can we bring our own liquor? If so, what is the corking fee?
  • Are there any additional fees (e.g., bar set up fee)?
  • Where is the bar set up for the reception? For the cocktail hour?
  • How many bars will there be?
  • How many bartenders will there be?
•Time limits
  • Is there a limit on how long we serve?
  • Is there a limit on how late we serve?
  • Is there a fee for longer or later service?
•Other
  • Can we do a specialty cocktail? Is there an extra cost for this?
  • Is the champagne toast complimentary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalanyc View Post
Oh boy, I've been meaning to upload my site visit questions sheet but here is an excerpt. We had a blank set of questions for each hotel, along w/ our little clipboard. They must have hated us! haha

Dont forget to review their packages closely and push back on items you think are too expensive. Also, dont forget to take lots of PICTURES!

Of course, we tailored our questions based on the information we had for each hotel but this could serve as a primer.

Planners
  • How long have you been a wedding planner? How many weddings have you overseen?
  • Have you ever seen a wedding through a storm? What did you do?
  • Will you be present on the wedding day? Do you work with anyone else? Who is your supervisor in case of emergencies?
  • Would your role include directing people from cocktail to the people to dinner, etc?
  • Whowould take your role in case of illness/emergency?

Reception facilities
  • What are the room/area options for reception?
  • What is the maximum capacity of each reception area?
  • Is there a fee to rent any area?
  • How late can the reception go in each reception area?
  • What is the rain plan?
  • At what point in time can the reception be moved inside in case of rain? Days or hours before?
  • Is there air conditioning in the reception area? If outdoors, is there air conditioning nearby?
  • What does the physical set up look like?
  • Where will dance floor go?
  • Where is the cake and coffee placed?
  • Where does the place card table go?
  • How many people can dance floor accommodate?
  • Where is the DJ set up?
  • How is the DJ moved indoors if we need to change location after a certain hour?
  • Where is the bathroom for the reception? Is it private for wedding guests only? Have hotel guests ever intruded on party?
  • Will you provide an area for the bridal party to relax?
  • Will there be any other receptions (wedding or other) during our wedding?

Pictures
  • Where on the hotel grounds do couples typically take pictures?
  • Do you have photos we could view?

Decor
  • What décor comes with the reception? How flexible are you with décor?
  • Can we provide our own decorations?
  • What kind of lighting options are available?
  • How much do extra items cost? (e.g., colored linens, lights under tables, etc.)
  • What types of tables are available (rectangle, square, round)?
  • What are your tableware choices, chairs, plates, table linen, etc?
  • Would the hotel put out place cards and favors as well?
  • Do you have pictures of different decorations/wedding set ups we can view?

Servers
  • What is the staff to guest ratio?
  • How many servers during the cocktail hour? How many servers are there per table the day of the reception? Who coordinates/ manages the servers?
  • What do the servers wear? Are they full time hotel employees or contractors?
  • In what order are the tables served (i.e., is there enough staff to serve everyone at once or do waiters go in phases)?
  • Is there a service fee for going late?
  • Does the fee include service tip?
  • Are there any additional fees we have not discussed?

Transportation
  • What transportation do the couple and guests typically use to get to the church (if applicable)?
  • Can you provide transportation to/from the church?
  • Are there taxis available for guests who do not stay at hotel?

Other
  • Do you have a backup generator in case electricity goes out? How does it work?

Food
•Set up
  • Is the reception area set up prior to the cocktail hour or during?
  • Do you provide glasses for champagne toast? Is this an extra cost?
  • How far in advance is the food prepared? To order? 1 hour?
•Reception dinner menu
  • What are the courses for a 3 course meal? Is the first course a full appetizer or salad?
  • Do you have childrens menu? How much would those meals be?
  • Can you offer special order meals (vegetarian, peanut free) at no extra cost?
  • Are there any foods in season that might be cheaper/better to use in dishes?
•Cake
  • What cake options do you provide (do you have "fake" filler cake options)?
  • Is there a cake cutting fee in addition to the purchase of the cake?
•Other
  • How experienced is the chef? Will he be here a year from now?
  • Do we need to order food for the on site vendors (photographer, band) or does the chef usually prepare extra meals at no charge?

Bar
•Cost
  • What are the package options for bar service for the reception? For the cocktail hour?
  • What liquor/beer does each option include?
  • What is the rate for children? What age is the cutoff?
  • Can we bring our own liquor? If so, what is the corking fee?
  • Are there any additional fees (e.g., bar set up fee)?
  • Where is the bar set up for the reception? For the cocktail hour?
  • How many bars will there be?
  • How many bartenders will there be?
•Time limits
  • Is there a limit on how long we serve?
  • Is there a limit on how late we serve?
  • Is there a fee for longer or later service?
•Other
  • Can we do a specialty cocktail? Is there an extra cost for this?
  • Is the champagne toast complimentary?
Great list thanks! My fiance asked me if I wanted him to bring me a clipboard from work and I said DEFINITELY!!