Photo

Heather Parker Photographer

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 twinklelittlestar

twinklelittlestar
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

We got a recommendation from our travel agent to look into Heather Parker for our wedding photos. Our TA doesn't have good things to say about working with local companies in Jamaica or the hotels for photography. I looked her up on Yelp and she has higher reviews than just about any other photographer and we are very close to booking with her but before I did, I wanted to see if any other destination brides have booked with her. Has any one met with her? Has anyone met with her personally?

#2 butterflyweddinggal84

butterflyweddinggal84
    • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

we booked with her. a lot of couples on here are using her i think. she wasn't super cheap. you can probably find someone to shoot your wedding for free but everything i have seen of her photos is just breathtaking and worth it. we spoke with her and she is friendly and down to earth and knew the island.

when we researched her, we learned that her work was in The Knot in the best of issue last year. if you go to her website i think if you click on the blog button you can get in touch with her.

#3 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
      • 196 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

We actually booked her for our wedding too! We live in Chicago so we were able to meet with her in person and were VERY impressed! She is truly an artist and will do everything she can for you to make sure your wedding pictures turn out perfect (at least that is the impression I got!) :) We lover her work and are so excited to have her shoot our wedding. That is one thing I am NOT stressed about!!!
        Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#4 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
        • 260 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

She's our photographer...and I'm so glad we booked her. She's really nice and down to earth...she's super responsive to emails and she's an all around nice woman. We're gonna do a skype chat in the near future so we can "meet" b4 the wedding next year.
          I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#5 sunsetkiss

sunsetkiss
          • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

She is our photographer too. All of her pictures are so colorful and natural we are excited to have a real photojournalist come with us to our wedding for photos.

#6 negrildreamer

negrildreamer
            • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Yes she is a very popular US-based destination photographer who is familiar with Jamaica and does weddings there. She gives a lot more then the other photographers with her packages and that is probably why so many brides use her, aside from the fact that it is the photojournalism style.

#7 booschmit

booschmit
              • 43 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

Can anyone give me some information on her pricing??

#8 donutdjn

donutdjn
                • 419 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

I would be interested to see some of her pictures of Jamaica weddings - her website doesnt let you choose by resort and some rough prices would be good. Thanks.

#9 butterflyweddinggal84

butterflyweddinggal84
                  • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

When I was looking into hiring her, I was more drawn to her styl eand photojournalism. She hadn't done a wedding at our resort but her style is breathtaking and I wasn't worried. I don't think its a photographer's job to profile resorts anyways.

#10 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
                    • 260 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by donutdjn
                      I would be interested to see some of her pictures of Jamaica weddings - her website doesnt let you choose by resort and some rough prices would be good. Thanks.
                      As far as I know, Moon Dance is her only JA wedding...she did a great job and it's been featured on Soulful Engagements - Home

tips for hiring a destination wedding photographer Destination Weddings Weddings Heather Parker Photography Blog
                      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users