Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Oooo thanks for the info

#22 dwbride2014

• 40 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 2, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

Have any brides who have already done this have any feedback? I'm facing this dilemma myself but was curious if anyone was told that they couldn't hang it?

#23 iberostarbride

• 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Def a carry on

#24 britter08

• 50 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 12, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationCanada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

My dress will not be tiny, so I'm a bit worried about how it will manage on the plane. I have asked my closest family to minimize carry on luggage so that I can fit in the overhead if need be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#25 ctlind7

• 134 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace - Cancun, Mexico
    • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

Look up Wally bags! That' what I am using - folds to a carry on and reviews are great... no wrinkles in dress :-) 

#26 cubanaboliviana

• 26 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
    • Wedding Location:San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Doing it as carry on and hoping it doesn't get wrinkled

#27 acw271011

• Moderators
    • 3,123 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

My dress travelled to Jamaica from Toronto in an overhead bin. I got a regular fabric garment bag from Davids Bridal and put my dress in it. It has a little loop at the bottom that allows for easy carrying, or you can hang the bottom over the top of the hanger. I commandeered an overhead. my husband put his bag in then I laid my dress, folded only once in half and laid it on top of his bag. Then I stood guard over the bin until everyone was on so that nobody could add anything else to the bin! There were 3 wedding dresses on our flight!! lol But it worked. It made it without any problems, then I hung it in the bathroom the day before the wedding and turned the shower on hot to steam the bathroom and just let the dress hang. Once I did that I just hung it up high in the room so that it all "trained" down. It was in perfect shape and I didn't have to have the resort steam it. Just as an FYI, most resorts will charge upwards of $90 or $100 to steam your dress. I bought a portable hand steamer in Walmart in the US before we left and practiced with it just in case I did need it once we got to Jamaica. I lugged it all the way there and didn't need it, then lugged it all the way back home and put it in the closet. It hasn't seen the light of day since! lol

Unless you have a silk satin wedding dress, it won't wrinkle as badly as you think. Chiffon or organza travels very well. Just make sure you put it hanging into a parent's or bridesmaid's room once you arrive. Don't leave it crammed in the travel bag right up until your wedding. It does need to breathe, but if you shower steam it for an hour or so, it will be ok.

Good luck and happy planning!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users