Photo

Travelling With a Wedding Dress?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Cfthunder

Cfthunder
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:26 PM

I'm getting married at the Grand Oasis Marien, DR in April and my fiance is worried about her wedding dress arriving wrinkled. How have you prevented it being crushed? Should we have it pressed before we leave? The resort isn't able to do it at their laundry. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, especially by my fiance! Thanks! :-)

#2 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
    • 914 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:38 PM

I plan on carrying my dress as a carry-on for my flight. From what I've read on my airlines website (and talking to their CSR's), they're more than happy to hang it somewhere so that it doesn't get wrinkled.

If the dress needs steamed or pressed, be sure to do it before if the resort doesn't have the resources to do it for you!

#3 Princess402

Princess402
      • 737 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

You might find some answers in this thread: http://bestdestinati....g-dress-48967/

#4 momichele

momichele
        • 203 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

I am having my mom carry my dress in her carry on bag.

#5 stefkva

stefkva
          • 188 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'm carrying it on

#6 RollerBride

RollerBride
            • 204 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

i bought this and will carry it on:

http://www.amazon.co...1870096&sr=1-12

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#7 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
              • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

how did people handle this? i heard you can call and ask to hang it up or buy it its own seat but i am unsure what to do

#8 dallace

dallace
                • 220 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

I've heard some airlines have a place to hang it for you, but not to count on it because sometimes they wont even if they've agreed to it prior. I'm having my dress steamed before I go and I'm just going to nicely fold it in half and put it in the above carry on area ontop of the luggage so it doesn't get squished. Then when we arrive I'm going to hang it in the bathroom and crank the hot water and do my own kind of steaming to get any wrinkles out of it from the flight.  The lady at the dress shop told me that was the best way to go because you can't always count on the airline keeping it hung up for you. It also kind of depends on the material of the dress and if it wrinkles easily or not....hope that helps a little bit.

#9 Backy

Backy
                  • 171 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

i think i am going to do it carry on as well, it is better to have it with you than with anyone else

#10 StephLB

StephLB
                  • 171 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by dallace 

I've heard some airlines have a place to hang it for you, but not to count on it because sometimes they wont even if they've agreed to it prior. I'm having my dress steamed before I go and I'm just going to nicely fold it in half and put it in the above carry on area ontop of the luggage so it doesn't get squished. Then when we arrive I'm going to hang it in the bathroom and crank the hot water and do my own kind of steaming to get any wrinkles out of it from the flight.  The lady at the dress shop told me that was the best way to go because you can't always count on the airline keeping it hung up for you. It also kind of depends on the material of the dress and if it wrinkles easily or not....hope that helps a little bit.

This is a great idea. I'm planning to carry on, but I was worried the airline would decide not to hang it up for me when I get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users