Photo

Travelling with a wedding dress

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 jennster_04

jennster_04
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

bring it on the plane, or purchase a portable steamer, they have hand sized ones that work
    Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#22 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
    • 547 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

Definitely bring it on the plane!!!! On the way there I had to put my dress in the overhead, I just folded it in half, then on the second flight of the day the flight attendant immediately directed me to the closet, but it fell during the flight. When I was getting off the attendant had removed it and laid it out across some seats and told it and fallen and said to take my time putting it back on the hanger before I deplaned. I was so worried that it would be a mess, but it wasn't very wrinkled at all, and the humidity by the ocean took care of what there was!!!

My travel tip: When I went to pick up my dress at the shop the day before we left, the woman I worked with put it in the longest bag they had, even though it didn't have a train or anything. She said that this way it would hang straight and not bunch up in the bag, so with traveling it wouldn't wrinkle too much. At the time I thought this was a great idea, but it was so long, it had to be folded over my arm to carry and was too long to hang in any normal closet. So if you don't need the longest bag, take a proper fitting one!
      *~*JENN*~*

#23 Leigh17

Leigh17
      • 339 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

I carried mine on the plane & it got it's own overhead bin both going there & coming home. I didn't even have to have it steamed when I arrived. I just hung it in the bathroom & ran a hot shower. It worked great.

#24 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

deleted

#25 T&C

T&C
          • 168 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

I'm planning to bring mine on the plane as well. I do believe my resort offers a steaming service, though. So any wrinkles can be worked out at the resort. One less thing to worry about!

#26 JlAllen

JlAllen
            • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:05 AM

I have read brides buying a Wally Gown Bag to put their dresses in for extra protection...

#27 ashley1316

ashley1316
              • 353 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

i am for SURE bringing mine on the plane. what are you girls doing for your FI's outfit? bringing on the plane too i would suspect.....

#28 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:01 AM

deleted

#29 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
                  • 323 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

Our resort offers steam pressing the wedding dress. It is part of our purchased wedding package. I can't believe with the popularity of destination weddings resorts would not have that service available?  I would suggest checking with the resort before you head down so you don't have to bother with purchasing one that you may never use again, hopefully :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users